Minor problem.Major headache.

/ Minor problem.Major headache. #1  

Topkicker

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Had my first quality issue with my new Massey 1529. I lifted the hood to jump off my lawn tractor that hasn't been used in a while. As I leaned in to hook up the jumper cables the hood fell on my head. I first thought the hood arm did not catch properly. After raising the hood off my head, I saw the arm swinging freely from the hood. The bolt had vibrated out and decided to fall on my head at the very moment I leaned in. The bolt was laying beside the valve cover so I lined up the prop arm, put the bolt in, and released the hood with my now very tired left arm. I was in a hurry to turn the tractor off so the bolt wouldn't vibrate out again. I made it to the key and turned the tractor off. Then found a nut in my tool box to put back on the bolt. It was a simple fix but I got a raised knot on my head in the process. By the time I got the lawn tractor cranked, I felt like someone had poured a 55 gallon drum of a**whoop on me.:mad:

/ Minor problem.Major headache. #2  
Wow! Glad you were not seriously hurt. Head injuries can be very serious. Anyway, It might be a good idea to replace that nut with a nylon insert lock nut to prevent any further vibration issue.

/ Minor problem.Major headache. #3  
By the time I got the lawn tractor cranked, I felt like someone had poured a 55 gallon drum of a**whoop on me.:mad:

They did. It sucks when an inanimate object kicks your a**!:laughing:

I moved and restacked 18,000 lbs of hay on Saturday. Used the strings to move it. It was noon today before I could close my right hand into a decient fist again.:(