55.8 KB · Views: 512
   / Minot pictures
Minot/Jinma 20hp tractor, no FEL...$6492

Attachments

• 868979-Photo_042006_005.jpg
    868979-Photo_042006_005.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 550
   / Minot pictures
The Minot's of a 2 year/2000 hour warranty. Covers parts and labor. Total cost for all repairs over the full term of the limited warranty is limited to 50% of the Covered Tractor Purchase Price(from MINOT Brochure the guy at TSC gave me).

I beleive that means once repairs add up to half of what you paid the warranty is over.

Oh, standard equipment includes a 50 watt am/fm CD player /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Minot pictures #5  
I expected the TSC marketing team would have picked a better name /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe there is some connection, that I just don't get! A bit surprised they will carry the zl-20 fel, but its OK with me. I will have to keep an eye out for them at our local TSCs, Vestal and Cortland. If the Vestal TSC will carry them, they will be just a stones throw from East Wind, with their DF and Kama chinese tractors.

/ Minot pictures #6  
Unless I'm mistaken, TSC started in Minot ND, thus the name makes sense.

Only a matter of time before there's a "Sam's Choice" Jinma...

/ Minot pictures #7  
Yes, I was told that TSC picked the name not Homier and the city TSC started in was the reason. I wonder how many people will feel more comfortable buying from TSC than a Farm Pro dealer, even though the price is higher, albiet with a stereo? Will TSC have service departments added to their stores or contract it out?, do they know they will have service issues? Is the Jinma tractor ready to be sold to the American consumer off the street who expects to be able to return a product that they are not satisfied with for practically any reason? What will be the buying publics expectations of these tractors? If they go national with this successfully it will make the buying public much more confident in the Jinma tractor. If they have troubles with them, it could tarnish the reputation these tractors have gained these last few years as being a viable alternative for the appropriate buyer. Stay tuned, we'll see.

/ Minot pictures
Regarding the question of service, the TSC manager said that they were about to sign a contract with a local major manufacturer dealer (JD in my local area) to service the Minot/Jinma tractors for warranty and non-warranty items. This includes picking up the broken tractor and delivering it after the repairs are made. If the local contracted repair/service shop can provide this service (repair work/service/parts) successfully TSC may do well selling these tractors.

/ Minot pictures #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If the local contracted repair/service shop can provide this service (repair work/service/parts) successfully TSC may do well selling these tractors. )</font>
Let's hope that they're also ASSEMBLED by competent service technicians, and not the TSC stockboys.

//greg//

/ Minot pictures #10  
Well, they are asembled by Hoimer in Huntington INdiana, likely the most experienced Jinma assemblers in the USA based on sales volume... As for service, I remember a time when some "major brand" dealers would laugh a chinese tractor owner off thier lot trying to get serive, so no is it that if you cant beat them join them? I have also heard that Mahindra will be offering a chinese built tractor (I would guess from the Jaingling plant, makers of the Lenar tractor, which they acquired about a year and a half ago). One thing that remains constant, is constant change!