Missing post query

/ Missing post query #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
On 4/28/04 at 9:59 pm I posted in the "Other Forums.....Taxes-where will it end".

Although I saw my post on screen afterwards, it has been deleted for reasons unknown to me. As far as I know, I did not violate any of the forum rules with my post. If a post is deleted by the moderators, do they usually notify the member and explain the reason for deletion? Thank you.

/ Missing post query #2  
When a post is deleted, any responses to that particular message go along with it. It's not necessarily a reflection on those responses, but rather it's just the way the database is organized.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( do they usually notify the member and explain the reason for deletion? )</font>

That's the normal procedure, but since moderators are in many ways similar to normal people, such notification can sometimes be delayed or even overlooked. Hopefully that doesn't happen often. In the case where there are replies to the actual deleted post, it's quite possible that some of those notifications will fall through the cracks. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'm guessing your post fell prey to one of the above explanations. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Missing post query #3  
One might say that it isn't lost, but just "miss filed". I did a search for "taxes" and found it. The forums are a busy place and a thread can wind up 2 or 3 pages back quite quickly if there are no responses. My bet is that this is what happened to it. For you convenience, I have posted a link to the thread. If you make a reply to the thread, it will wind up on page 1 again. I have seen where a member will post a question and it will get on page 2 before anyone even considers a response. I will many times answer that original question and when it makes it back onto page 1, many others will follow suite and it will develop into a lively discussion.... Taxes... Where Will It End?

My appologies.... I thought that your question was where the entire thread has gone to..... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif