Missouri man dies from Copperhead bite

/ Missouri man dies from Copperhead bite #21  
Did he die before he could seek treatment? Did he just fail to go for help? Maybe he thought it wasn't a serious issue?

/ Missouri man dies from Copperhead bite #22  
Very tragic, my condolences to the family.

/ Missouri man dies from Copperhead bite #23  
I've killed enough copperheads to be a little paranoid. I seldom work in the woods/brush sections of my farm without wearing snake boots. It would probably be wise to also wear snake gaiters or chaps.

/ Missouri man dies from Copperhead bite #24  
I've killed enough copperheads to be a little paranoid. I seldom work in the woods/brush sections of my farm without wearing snake boots. It would probably be wise to also wear snake gaiters or chaps.

Good ideas, we have lots of copperheads here.

/ Missouri man dies from Copperhead bite #25  
It was the anaphylactic shock that killed him, the allergic reaction to the venom, not the toxicity of the venom. According to the National Helath Service in the UK, anaphylactic shock following a snake bite happens but is very rare. Just a guess, but I suspect the EMT's didn't recognize the anaphylactic shock soon enough and were treating him only for the snake bite, but the symptoms they were seeing confused them or the snake bite symptoms masked the shock symptoms. Just my amateur guess.

/ Missouri man dies from Copperhead bite #26  
Grew up around timber rattlers and copper heads, they ain't nothing to play with or to be taken lightly.

Me and my step brother were out capturing snakes one day just for something to do on a summer day. Jumped on this snake we'd never seen before while it was out basking on rock in the sun, threw it the box before it could react.
Took it home to show mom the new snake we'd found. Mom was used to the same old same yeah yeah what ya got. She opened the box a peek, slammed the lid down and about had a cow then and there.
After she calmed down she explained to us what we'd captured. We'd done caught ourselves a copperhead.......It waited till the man of the house came home.