Mistake????

/ Mistake???? #1  

Lunk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720H / BL200 Loader
Starting to think that maybe I should of kept my Branson 3510i.

Hydraulic fitting broke 10 days ago under seat, resulting in about 2 gallons of fluid loss, and a bunch of dead grass. Called dealer and texted pics of leaking fitting. Dealer promised to get parts on the way, and I agreed to replace it myself since I am 50 miles away.

10 days now, and the Dealer is telling me that TYM is being unresponsive in getting him the part(s).

I love the performance of the TYM vs. my old Branson, but 2 major failures (other was orbital valve for steering at around 60 hrs.) in under 90 hrs. has me thinking for sure!

At this point feeling a bit perturbed.

Lunk

/ Mistake???? #2  
I'm afraid to use my 233 since warranty ran out.If I can find parts,I can't afford them.

/ Mistake???? #3  
Well... sorry to hear that. How did that happen?

/ Mistake???? #4  
I thought TYM was trying to improve their parts division. I am guessing one of the rear remote coupler broke. I would not write the entire tractor off for a $50 fitting. All tractor brands have problems. From what I hear Branson is worse to get parts from.

/ Mistake????
Sorry I've been out.

Working 7 days/week right now, and I'm beat.

It's leaking from a fitting up under seat area, where a hard line enters via a 90 degree elbow from the hyd block under the Front right of the floor. I removed the line, and there's no noticeable damage... May need to pull the elbow...

Fitting was tight (used line wrench to verify...). Leak was pretty severe. Amount was like a stream of syrup when you're topping your Pancakes. Luckily I noticed it as I was on the ground chucking rocks into the bucket. If I'd been brush-hogging trails I would have drained it before noticing...as it is I lost a couple gallons. Stuff is effective at killing grass for sure.

I've heard Branson horror stories too, but nothing broke on mine in the 370 hours I owned it...

Other than these issues, I find the tractor superior in capability.

Lunk

/ Mistake????
Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking the parts to the dealer, who said that he'd pull them from an in-stock unit if he could to help...

/ Mistake???? #7  
Our TYM has about 1000 hours on it. It had a fuel leak when it was new which took only minutes to fix. It never saw a dealer or needed a part except persistent leak from sight window on the transmission. I replaced it three times already. It will be OK for some time and then it will start leaking again. I tried to glue it, seal it but so far with little success. Beside that it is a workhorse.

/ Mistake???? #9  
3 yr bumper to bumper-good thing almost 1/3 of it was down time.then drivetrain for 2 stepping down to only parts the 5th year.

/ Mistake????
Tractor is fixed!

After talking to the dealer (again), he suggested that I save the 100+ mile round-trip and have the line replaced with a locally made hydraulic hose, which he'd reimburse me for.

Worked like a charm, and my tractor is back at work.

All is good again in my world...