Mitsubishi Deal?

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #1  

JimBinMI

Veteran Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota BX25D-1, New Holland TZ18DA
Hey guys,

We have a local Shopper's Guide, free publication with all kinds of "For Sale" items and community information, comes out every Thursday morning. I usually scan through the "Lawn and Garden" and "Farm" sections to see what's interesting for sale.

This week, I didn't read it until last night and under "Lawn and Garden" I found the following ad:
Mitsubishi Tractor, 18 hp diesel, 4 wd, hydro, plow, pto, and a phone #, $1,000.

I thought that the price was a typo, and called the guy up immediately...You all know that I love my TC18, but I thought I might be able to pick this up and make some money on it or whatever, the guy told me that it was already sold.
He said that the price was correct and the tractor was made in the 80's and was a little rough.

Did I miss a great deal? Is this a Grey Market?

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #2  
I don't think many Mitsubishi tractors are sold in the U.S. so my guess is it probably was a grey market. A good deal? Well, guess work again. Depending upon what "a little rough" is, I'd say yes. Consider that around here the old 8/9 n's are going for $2,000. and up.
ErnieB

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #3  
I'm not sure if it's a grey market or not. But for that price I believe you missed a pretty good deal---depending on the tractors condition of course.
Gordon

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #4  
Jim:
Before I bought my 7100HST in the 80's. I had on my list of tractor to look at the Mitsubishi. They were sold in my arear at Saxton's in Plymouth, Mi. Not a bad tractor but not enough support in my area.

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #5  
JimBo,

My brother in law just sold a Mitsubishi tractor. 2 cylinder, 4wd, (gear) don't know HP, though was small. The entire unit was about the size of my 25hp riding mower. It had the rice paddy tires, no 3 point though he fabricated something that worked, had a rear tiller. The pto spun in reverse. I think he sold it for $3,000 or so.

Oh yea...

it was BLUE in color /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I hope being BLUE in color has nothing to do with counter rotating pto, rice paddy tires, no 3pt and being same size as my riding mower!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Richard

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #6  
Jim they were here at the near beginning with the Yanmars. They both were available to us about the same time after the Kubota's and yes I would have bought it for $1000. and only sleep better that nite.

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #7  
Jim
Sounds like a great deal. I also think certain models of the mitsubishi matched that of the caseih 234 model. What do the other guys think.
Doctor

/ Mitsubishi Deal?
Guys,

Thanks for all of the feedback. I know that one tractor is enough for me, especially since this missed deal was about the same hp as my TC18. I was just checking with you to see if my instinct was correct that given fair condition and all, that it was well worth the $1,000. Somebody probably got a pretty good deal.

JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #9  
Mitsu's are now sold as the Cub Cadet 7xxx models. Good tractors, very little name recognition.

/ Mitsubishi Deal? #10  
It was probably a US model. The Japanese aren't into hydro's . They take to much of the engines power. That is why they were never popular on farm tractors in the US