Mitsubishi L3E 3 cyl diesel Pistons. Where to buy them? Next size up (+0.25mm)

/ Mitsubishi L3E 3 cyl diesel Pistons. Where to buy them? Next size up (+0.25mm) #1  

777funk

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar/336D
My L3E had a mouse chew up the air filter and now the compression is low enough it will not start. Time for new pistons and a bore.

Where can I find good quality (hopefully OE quality) pistons for an L3E 3 cylinder diesel?

/ Mitsubishi L3E 3 cyl diesel Pistons. Where to buy them? Next size up (+0.25mm) #2  
My L3E had a mouse chew up the air filter and now the compression is low enough it will not start. Time for new pistons and a bore.

Where can I find good quality (hopefully OE quality) pistons for an L3E 3 cylinder diesel?
If you replace the chewed air filter, will the tractor compression come back and start?

/ Mitsubishi L3E 3 cyl diesel Pistons. Where to buy them? Next size up (+0.25mm)
If you replace the chewed air filter, will the tractor compression come back and start?
I wish. Too late now I'm afraid. The cylinders have excessive wear and low compression. I pulled the head and there's a good 0.020" ridge worth of wear. It's no wonder there's only in the high 100s and low 200 psi range on compression.

Thanks mice or maybe paper wasps.

But also thanks to myself for not checking.

/ Mitsubishi L3E 3 cyl diesel Pistons. Where to buy them? Next size up (+0.25mm) #4  
I wish. Too late now I'm afraid. The cylinders have excessive wear and low compression. I pulled the head and there's a good 0.020" ridge worth of wear. It's no wonder there's only in the high 100s and low 200 psi range on compression.

Thanks mice or maybe paper wasps.

But also thanks to myself for not checking.
Pinned at the top of this section is a PDF file. Look at the last page for the most popular parts suppliers for your machine.