Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues?

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues?
I'll try to take your #'s & get you some Denso P#'s..
Unless you have a CNC machine, don't even waste your time "trying" to make a plunger.. they have .002 micron clearances & precision helix cuts. and yes, they are lapped together.

Thank You so very much!

Is there any other info that might help this process along, different numbers anywhere upon the IP, or such?

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #12  
It took some doing but I have the info.. Denso hasn't referenced that unit since Christ was a child.. lol
I had to go to PAPER service letters.!!!! & believe it or not, THATS the good part..
The part # for the plunger & barrel assembly is>> Nippon Denso OR Denso or ND.. they change monikers often..
090150-0880.. IF your lucky enough to find some.. BUY 2 !!!!! one for each cylinder.. just because the other ISNT BROKEN, doesn't mean its still good.. it had the same crap run thru it as the other one.. AND if you put a NEW ONE in 1 cylinder, its not gonna pump the same as the old, other one... know what I mean??
Your ACTUAL pump # is> 090000-3661.. you "might" have better luck searching, if you have the right pump #..
I contacted my Denso distributor & they have NEVER stocked it.. which means they would have to contact Japan.. so I stopped right there..
I could look in my core bank to see if I have a core pump?? but the shipping & labor to tear the pump down to get the p&b's aint free.. lol
Let me know how you make out in your search & if I have some free time tomorrow, I'll take a look in the core bank.. Good luck.. TPG
OH, call your LOCAL injection shop w/ THAT P# for the p&b.. things might be alittle different up there in your part of the world.. lol.

Alright! Parts numbers is good!

Thank you so much for that! It's a place to start.

If you think you have one in your boneyard to pull some parts from, I will cover your time and such.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Been a bit busy.

Cheers
Trev

Well, the folks that had the parts listed on their site finally got back to me as not being able to supply. Will keep trying.

<sigh>

On the brighter side, I have a bud with a 20 HP Yanmar motor on a pallet at his place, so that is one possible swap source. Kindly enough, the makers built this tractor so that other than the tinwork, the only part that would need to be altered for a different engine would be the steering pushrod. Y'know, after you figure out the engine/clutch plates, etc., and all that.

Been getting some hits on smaller Kubota engines supposedly having been common on reefer trailers, so that may be another source.

Fun. :/

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #15  
I did have a couple of core pumps but have been out for about a year w/ back surgery..
When I got back & started researching this project, a lot of the core pumps were gone!!! "someone" cleaned up the core bank..
Sorry, I'm no help w/ parts.. Good luck.

Well bleeding heck...

<sigh> Neat freaks, and, "we'll never need any of that old stuff..." :)BTDTGTTS

Been down the back surgery road too.

In any case, your help has been invaluable, so, Thank You! :)

Such is the way of these things, playing with old toys, eh.

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #17  
I know what ya mean.. I'm currently helping out another member w/ a 1960 inj. pump.. I KNOW I had SEVERAL of them for parts.. NOPE.. not anymore..
Some people just don't see the value in them.. dam kids !!!!
Its not like they were taking up space or costing money to store them!!! it was MONEY IN THE BANK.. just flushed down the drain..
IF I COULD, I'd fire every last one of'um.!!!

In a past life, I was Military, worked in a structural repair shop, sheet metal mostly.

One day the boss decided anything less than a half sheet, in the stock racks, looked unsightly so he had the guys chuck it all out.

Waddya figure a quarter sheet of 3/8 thick brass is worth? I know what it weighs! :) It and enough 'other' stuff from that particular dumpster, to lower my car's suspension down to the stops, got re-homed to some friends who appreciated it MUCH more than my former supervisor.

In the famous word of Bugs Bunny. "Wadda Maroon!".

While I appreciate that there are times and places where it makes sense to remove superfluous stuff from a manufacturing environment, the world is a lesser place without a few old school engine shops or Auto Electric places, where the old fart behind the counter can pretty much find you what you need just by looking at it and knowing where the stuff is, without having to look it up by year make model and options package references.

Have been pondering options, as far as butchery goes. Dunno if somewhere out there there is a catalog with dimensions of barrel and plunger assy's or not, but if there is, and I can find one, I figure that is as good a place to start as any.

Cheers
Trev

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #19  
The motor is not the same as a Massey 210. This motor was only used in the R2500. Most parts are not available. Checkinhg on oneof my connections for a pump.

/ Mitsubishi R2500 Injector Pump issues? #20  
EVERYTIME this thread reappears, it makes me sick to my stomach..
KNOWING I had atleast 2 of those pumps & now there gone to the landfill.. !!!!