MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / MJ #31  
I,d find it hard to beleive anyone on this forum or owns a tractor would let there kids stay there let alone visit . :D . Bob

I agree, yet people get start-struck.

I used to work at the airport refueling planes and such. They used to have great concerts at the University of Notre Dame. When the groups or performers would come in, some of the folks I worked with and lots of town folks would just go nuts. They'd stand there and stare with glassy eyes if there was someone famous. Unbelievable. If the guy would come up and spit on them they'd save the shirt in a glass box instead of punching the guy in the nose! :rolleyes:

/ MJ #32  
Pulled this from another forum:

Michael Jackson

OK, Somebody has to say it. I am already very tired of the headlines concerning how "the world is mourning the loss of Michael Jackson." Even the Pope made a statement about the great loss to humanity . . .
Folks, we have young men and women giving up their lives for our country and the freedom of others every day. There are young people in Iran who are probably going to be beheaded because they support free elections.

There are thousands of children and girls kidnapped every day for the sex trade in Africa and the Far East. And yes, there ARE starving children in Africa . . . STILL! Michael Jackson was not a humanitarian. He squandered millions on his own lavish pleasures. He is not a spiritual man. He was an odd little man who fondled little boys. Quit anointing him to sainthood.

I have friends who died in the jungles of Vietnam 35 years ago, and their memory and their sacrifice are STILL more important to me than a dance video. "Thriller" did not change my life. The loss of brave hero friends changed my life.

You want to mourn something? - Then mourn the homeless, mourn the abused children, mourn the abused women, mourn with the family of a fallen soldier, mourn for the veteran who served his or her country and now spends dreary days in dilapidated hospitals.

If you want to celebrate lives . . then celebrate the teacher who taught you to read, celebrate the coach who showed you how to kick a soccer ball, celebrate the clergy who stand with you in times of sorrow, celebrate the lives of those who hold you in their hearts daily . . . Celebrate your friends, your children, your parents, your siblings.

Nuff said...... I'll get down off of my soapbox...

"Adore God. Reverence and cherish your parents. Love your neighbor as yourself, and your country more than yourself.. Be just. Be true. Murmur not at the ways of Providence." -Thomas Jefferson

Tom in Vermont

/ MJ #33  
In my humble opinion, this was a stupid thread and has become even more stupid.. I regret that anyone that young passes away but geeze Louise (sorry Louise) why not give it a rest?

/ MJ #34  
In my humble opinion, this was a stupid thread and has become even more stupid.. I regret that anyone that young passes away but geeze Louise (sorry Louise) why not give it a rest?

Oh folks have to have something to talk about ***** is already elected!!

Don

/ MJ #36  
Pulled this from another forum:

Michael Jackson

OK, Somebody has to say it. I am already very tired of the headlines concerning how "the world is mourning the loss of Michael Jackson." Even the Pope made a statement about the great loss to humanity . . .
Folks, we have young men and women giving up their lives for our country and the freedom of others every day. There are young people in Iran who are probably going to be beheaded because they support free elections.

There are thousands of children and girls kidnapped every day for the sex trade in Africa and the Far East. And yes, there ARE starving children in Africa . . . STILL! Michael Jackson was not a humanitarian. He squandered millions on his own lavish pleasures. He is not a spiritual man. He was an odd little man who fondled little boys. Quit anointing him to sainthood.

I have friends who died in the jungles of Vietnam 35 years ago, and their memory and their sacrifice are STILL more important to me than a dance video. "Thriller" did not change my life. The loss of brave hero friends changed my life.

You want to mourn something? - Then mourn the homeless, mourn the abused children, mourn the abused women, mourn with the family of a fallen soldier, mourn for the veteran who served his or her country and now spends dreary days in dilapidated hospitals.

If you want to celebrate lives . . then celebrate the teacher who taught you to read, celebrate the coach who showed you how to kick a soccer ball, celebrate the clergy who stand with you in times of sorrow, celebrate the lives of those who hold you in their hearts daily . . . Celebrate your friends, your children, your parents, your siblings.

Nuff said...... I'll get down off of my soapbox...

"Adore God. Reverence and cherish your parents. Love your neighbor as yourself, and your country more than yourself.. Be just. Be true. Murmur not at the ways of Providence." -Thomas Jefferson

Tom in Vermont

Tom very well said!

There is A LOT of people that's being overlooked... and its sad.

I came in for lunch today and turned on the news, and all they was talking about was MJ :rolleyes:....When are they going to stop talking about this on the news, and when are they going to bury him. :confused:

/ MJ #37  
The only thing I want to remember about MJ was the cartoon when I was a kid. Never missed the Jackson 5 or Fat Albert & the Cosby Kids. Don't see how anyone could describe MJ as a humanitarian. Cosby has used his fortune for actual humanitatrian work but gets hardly any publicity. But he's not doing it for that reason so he probably doesn't care. The media has definitely warped America and our sense of values.

As an army vet I agree with all of you about troops not getting enough recognition. Let's all remember to keep them in our thoughts tonight.

/ MJ #38  
I saw a poster that pretty much sums up what I thought of MJ in his later years. That being said, I wish I had a speck of the talent he possessed. I also agree that he has recieved too much hype. Moss Road is right, once we get that star glint in our eyes common sense flies out the window for some reason.

Mark

Attachments

• fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 79
   / MJ #39  
This subject is no different from any others on this forum in that it has various points of interests along with various degrees of such for a variety of people. Some people grew up with this person and contrary to what some think, he did make contributions if you enjoyed and were made happy by his music. His life was like a train wreck in some parts making it hard to look away. Giving credence to all else around us we deem more worthy is a personal choice but what he did have in common with most of us was that he was someone's son, someone's brother and someone's father and his death caused misery to all of those people in his life as well as a world full of people who were made glad by his music. Judgements aside, my condolences to all those effected adversly by his passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.