MMM Dropping when BX turned off

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #1  

CSW

This is my first summer mowing with my BX2660 and a couple of weeks ago I noticed that when I went to get the tractor out, the deck was at its lowest position despite my leaving it up when I put the tractor away.

I tried it again the following week and sure enough the same thing happened. Is this normal?

CSW

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #2  
Gosh, I don't know as I always lower my deck when I am finished. Since the deck is part of the 3-point hitch, I would not be surprised.

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #3  
The lift is part of the three point lift and mine will also drop over time. When you are done mowing, raise the deck and place the height adjustment to "TOP" and the deck will not lower during storage or when using the three point.

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #4  
The lift is part of the three point lift and mine will also drop over time. When you are done mowing, raise the deck and place the height adjustment to "TOP" and the deck will not lower during storage or when using the three point.

In this position, it will rattle like **** when driving!

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #5  
That's normal leakdown...A couple of yours after mowing I can hear it start to drop..No biggie.

Man, they do crash and rattle in the up position, especially in high range..Kinda embarassing..I try to drop mine to around 75% of max up position when driving around.

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #7  
As stated, you need to set the knob to TOP to lock the deck up, but I find mine still drops about an inch even then when it's in storage. There's an adjustment for the 3PH to deck lift range at the back left (looking from behind) of the tractor. Should be a threaded rod with a set bolt on it. On my first Kubota, I adjusted this so the deck would not drop when in TOP, but on my BX1860, I can't seem to accomplish the same with this adjustment procedure. Good luck with yours.

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #8  
I was always told to never keep presure on any hydrolics on any color with the tractor turned off

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #9  
I was always told to never keep presure on any hydrolics on any color with the tractor turned off

There's no pressure on the hydraulics when in the TOP position. There's a hanger that holds the deck up even if you drop the 3PH all the way down. Comes in useful if you're doing 3PH work with the deck still mounted.

/ MMM Dropping when BX turned off #10  
In this position, it will rattle like **** when driving!

Yea, I noticed some the rattle. Its been quite a while ago for me. I used some reinforced automotive rubber edge molding (junk yard) on the offending surfaces of the deck and the noise went away.