Mowing MMM idler pulley came off

/ MMM idler pulley came off
Yep, just went out & looked at my 2360 and sure enough, there's a small snap-ring at the top of the idler pulley "axle." Drilling into that & tapping for a bolt & washer sounds like a great fix, if it holds up. You might want to use some thread locker on the bolt. Here's a pic -- (No extra charge for the dust, as they say....)

View attachment 718273
That is some good looking dust compared to the red clay dust I see. Thanks for snapping that picture as that lets me know what used to be holding the idler pulley on. Guess I was lucky it came off when the PTO was off. Going with new parts for it as I would rather not have my work spinning that fast under me.

/ MMM idler pulley came off
what is model # of that?
the pic you posted showing that clip in that position been irritating the heck out of me LOL
Dave, it is bugging me as well. Here is the photo I got it from. #2320.

Attachments

• CF463969-5296-497A-8447-CA39257D8934.jpeg
    CF463969-5296-497A-8447-CA39257D8934.jpeg
    816.5 KB · Views: 68
   / MMM idler pulley came off #13  
Thanks Dave as I meant snap ring. Here is a photo of a new and old pulley along with where the pulley goes without any grove.
View attachment 718180
The snap ring shown in your image is not the same in mine as it shows a snap ring underneath the pulley which makes no sense to me.
View attachment 718181

There is a grove at the top of that shaft in your picture for a snap ring

/ MMM idler pulley came off #14  
Dave, it is bugging me as well. Here is the photo I got it from. #2320.
Oh that's 54 inch thought you said 60 inch which is what I looked up.
Could do the washer trick just need washers that fit over post and contact bearing on it's center and not outside rotating part. Use enough washers to build up to top of post then use washer that covers larger washers and loctite new bolt in.

/ MMM idler pulley came off #15  
diagram makes it look like pulley sits UNDER the arm so yeah, clip would be on the underside.
part # of arm is 3606969M91 and its approx 110$ before tax.

/ MMM idler pulley came off #17  
And for those who may be interested... now that snow-blowing season is approaching, I've dropped the MMM for a Full Monty service. Here's a better pic of that snap ring on the idler pulley:

DSC00296.JPG

/ MMM idler pulley came off #18  
Mine pops off any time I try and grease the zerk right there. Annoying for such an expensive implement. I regret getting it.

The grease even forced the bronze bushing up and out. I had to knock it back in.