mmm or rear finish mower for bx25

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #21  
You will be more stable with the FEL and BH off. Adding fluid to the tires will help with stability and traction but is not necessary. I think the do not recommend fluid in the tires on the BX25.

Hmm... okay this I did not realize, even traveling across slope? I know I should go up/down. I understood my COG would be lower with FEL and BH.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #22  
misconception - you CAN fill the BX tires. The BX manual states to fill to no more then 75% fluid. the catch 22 thing is that they say it should be removed when using the BH. So whats wrong with this picture?!
Anyway - I would NOT hesitate to put fluid in tires. It really helps with COG. BH and FEL removed help with lower COG when on hillsides. When on flat ground, with FEL/BH combo helps with traction so it feels like you have good low COG.
You can also add wheel spacers to the BX to widen the stance for hillside work.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #23  
Be careful on slopes and always go up and down and not crossways when possible. Here is another view of a BX25 if your wondering what it looks like from this side.
View attachment 322450

Dragoneggs- dont be shocked.... if you look at the FEL, it was raised all the way when it went over. That raises the COG over the platform and when doing that on a hillside is no fun.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #24  
misconception - you CAN fill the BX tires. The BX manual states to fill to no more then 75% fluid. the catch 22 thing is that they say it should be removed when using the BH. So whats wrong with this picture?!
Anyway - I would NOT hesitate to put fluid in tires. It really helps with COG. BH and FEL removed help with lower COG when on hillsides. When on flat ground, with FEL/BH combo helps with traction so it feels like you have good low COG.
You can also add wheel spacers to the BX to widen the stance for hillside work.

Thanks radioman... so I am in a bit of a quandary then but here is what I am thinking. Since I will not be doing any mowing with this for at least a year, I will leave FEL on pretty much permanently unless I get forks for lots of retaining wall work (pallets of stacked stone block). I will use the BH and Landpride rake for water and electrical lines and general land prep before seeding. As such, I might as well wait to weight the tires until I start mowing. Does this sound like the right course of action?

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #25  
That person NEEDS a skid plate on that tractor!!:shocked:

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #26  
Yikes :eek: I assume that was not intentional? What specifically happened?

Dragoneggs- dont be shocked.... if you look at the FEL, it was raised all the way when it went over. That raises the COG over the platform and when doing that on a hillside is no fun.

Not true. The FEL was raised AFTER it went over. The rest of your statement was true.
BH was in regular position and FEL bucket was on the ground, in fact. Was trying to round off the edge of a cut on the slight slope since I had put in a new level drive into the new garage. Was straddling the slope and level drive and curled bucket to get edge down to back up to peel edge down to sloped instead of straight up and down. Pushed bucket on down to add tractor weight to bucket and tractor just went over on its side. Period. Before I could do anything, wasn't even moving.
Later deduced that there was dirt under bucket on high side and no dirt under lower side and pushing down on bucket allowed the bucket without dirt under it to go down and when one side goes down and the other side of a tractor stays up, well it keeps going down while the other side stays up, for a half second until the high side goes higher soooo no the FEL was actually lower than the tractor and not standing high. If it had been slightly high it wouldn't have went over in this particular instance.:confused2:

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #27  
ok - I stand corrected johnthomas -:ashamed: :thumbsup: At least you werent hurt -- but the pic looks like the fel is up on its side. Were you able to shut it off on time? I assume so or I would have heard about it here on tbn or maybe I missed the thread.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #28  
New owner here and this topic is exactly what I need. ( the mower part, not the flipped tractor part.)
I too need a mower for a BX2360 I picked up at an estate sale. I have about 2½ to 3 acres to mow with lots of trees and flower beds and I think the belly mower would be much easier to use.
Can you order just the mower from a Kubota dealer or is there somewhere to look for used decks for sale? Anyone know if the dealers that are on the forums will ship a mower or do you have to pick it up? Thanks for all the great advice and help on this forum.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #29  
New owner here and this topic is exactly what I need. ( the mower part, not the flipped tractor part.)
I too need a mower for a BX2360 I picked up at an estate sale. I have about 2ス to 3 acres to mow with lots of trees and flower beds and I think the belly mower would be much easier to use.
Can you order just the mower from a Kubota dealer or is there somewhere to look for used decks for sale? Anyone know if the dealers that are on the forums will ship a mower or do you have to pick it up? Thanks for all the great advice and help on this forum.

Welcome to TBN. Congrat's on your new ride. For sure you can order or buy just the mower from any dealer. Just see a salesman and not the parts department. Of course you can buy used too if you can find something. If you have time to look, check out Craig's List, ebay, tractorhouse, and the classified section here on TBN (at the bottom of the main forums page). Make sure you get a model mower that will hook right up to your BX2360.

/ mmm or rear finish mower for bx25 #30  
Welcome to TBN. Congrat's on your new ride. For sure you can order or buy just the mower from any dealer. Just see a salesman and not the parts department. Of course you can buy used too if you can find something. If you have time to look, check out Craig's List, ebay, tractorhouse, and the classified section here on TBN (at the bottom of the main forums page). Make sure you get a model mower that will hook right up to your BX2360.

Try also looking at places like Sweet Tractors (a poster and advertiser here):
New & Used Farming Tools & Equipment | Tractor Equipment, Farm Implements & More

Or Messick's:
e.g.
RCK60B23BX 60" Mower Deck Used 2 Times, Looks New, Complete Assembly, Off A BX25 Kubota, Ready To Go @

Used Lawn Implements