Mobile App Temporarily Disabled

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #61  
Ok iPhone users, Muhammad came up with a suggestion that solved the problem of the current / participated menu returning to the "unread" bold status at every login, regardless if there were no new posts.

Log into TBN not using the iPhone app, and mark ALL posts as being read. Exit, then login using your app, go to the help tab and select "clear saved logins". Problem solved.

I actually did it all from my iPhone. In case you didn't know, touching a thread title will jump you direct to the TBN website.

I was a bit saddened to mark everything as read, but its a small price to pay to get all the bugs finally fixed.

Thank you Muhammad!!!

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #62  
Depmandog said:
Log into TBN not using the iPhone app, and mark ALL posts as being read. Exit, then login using your app, go to the help tab and select "clear saved logins". Problem solved.

Thank you Muhammad!!!

Indeed, it does work like a champ! Coolio.

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled
Glad that worked for you! :thumbsup:

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #64  
Bad news... It WAS working, but has reverted to the "every time thread list refreshes, all are marked as unread". Drat!

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #65  
MikeInEburg said:
Bad news... It WAS working, but has reverted to the "every time thread list refreshes, all are marked as unread". Drat!

Mine is still working fine. Initial appearances I thought the same, but when I scrolled/paged back in my current list - I came to some threads that have not been updated since my last visit, and they are grey and NOT bold.

I would suggest retrying the "fix", making sure to clear saved logins (might try before you leave and after you come back to the app). Good luck!!

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #66  
This is such a great app. Ive been using it quite a bit lately.

Chad

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #67  
Depmandog said:
Mine is still working fine. Initial appearances I thought the same, but when I scrolled/paged back in my current list - I came to some threads that have not been updated since my last visit, and they are grey and NOT bold.

I would suggest retrying the "fix", making sure to clear saved logins (might try before you leave and after you come back to the app). Good luck!!

Re-tried the fix. Marked all as read, cleared logins, logged out, shut off phone, put phone in paper bag, went out in front yard while waving bag with the phone briskly over my head and clucked like a chicken, turned phone back on. Saw signs of success. Now eight hours later it is back to misbehaving. No joy in Mudvillle...

My phone is not on most current version of operating system - although it worked fine in the pre-forum-upgrade days.

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #68  
Is anyone else having problems connecting with the TBN app with their iPad? It just goes to a framed black screen.

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #69  
MikeInEburg said:
Re-tried the fix. Marked all as read, cleared logins, logged out, shut off phone, put phone in paper bag, went out in front yard while waving bag with the phone briskly over my head and clucked like a chicken, turned phone back on. Saw signs of success. Now eight hours later it is back to misbehaving. No joy in Mudvillle...

My phone is not on most current version of operating system - although it worked fine in the pre-forum-upgrade days.

You know, I am not 100% fixed either. Now this IS strange, some threads in the current view will turn and stay grey after reading, the others turn grey, then back to bold on refresh (with no new posts)... I haven't a clue why that happens...

Oh well..kinda tired of fighting it.

Oh, you need to upgrade to the latest version - I know they turned on some new features with the new version...don't remember what they were exactly, but I do remember it was worth the update.

/ Mobile App Temporarily Disabled #70  
Depmandog said:
You know, I am not 100% fixed either. Now this IS strange, some threads in the current view will turn and stay grey after reading, the others turn grey, then back to bold on refresh (with no new posts)... I haven't a clue why that happens...

Oh well..kinda tired of fighting it.

Oh, you need to upgrade to the latest version - I know they turned on some new features with the new version...don't remember what they were exactly, but I do remember it was worth the update.

I'm experiencing the same phenomenon. Some threads go bold on refresh and others don't. Haven't figured out the pattern.

As much as I'd like to upgrade OS, I have a couple of custom apps that I'd have to overhaul on upgrade. Thus far I've had inadequate motivation compared to the hours of work that it will cost.