MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS???

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS??? #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS4020 hydro
Hi all.. Wondering if anyone has any new information on the new LS models? I ordered a 4020 about 4 weeks ago and was told that they are having troubles getting buckets for that series tractor.Also heard that LS is replacing the 4010 and4020 with a R4047 tractor. I am wondering what you guys think, am i being sold a 4020 because they want to get rid of that stock to bring in the new model , should i inquire about the new model and change my order? I can't get back to my dealer till Monday so i am looking for some input. MY ordered 4020 will be another week to 10 days.......Maybe LS is just going through some growing pains.

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS??? #2  
Avatar, I have not heard anything about a shortage of buckets at LS. I was set to buy an i3040 until the dealer said he couldn't get one any more. I ended up ordering an R3039 - the model that replaces the i3040. The delivery date seems to be a bit fluid at this point. LS does seem to be in the midst of a model update.

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS??? #3  
Think I mentioned in the other thread but see if he can't get you the R4047 that replaces the R4020. The R4041 is the replacement model for the R4010, though aside from 1-2HP I'm not sure what other differences there are on the R3039... I mean... why a 3000 number in the R series...? Just seems like a contradiction

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS??? #4  
Might be worth a phone call to some other dealers in other states to see what they say. Maybe you can get the new model. I'm sure their has been a price increase, so I would expect a few hundred dollars more. Most of my vendors have raised prices 3- 5 percent, just this year, because of what our dollar is doing overseas. trac

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS??? #5  
The new R series adds a fender mounted joystick for the loader and extending lift arms. the model numbers are being revised so that the last two digits is the (appx) HP.

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS???
Blue chip, Thanks for the info on the new LS model tractors, that sure makes sense. I am just getting a little concerned that it has taken a month and still no tractor, no buckets, model change, and all.

trac, thanks for the info on the model change at LS. I am going to stop back to my dealer on Friday and talk to him..just seems weird that the dealers are receiving the new models and its taking over a month to get one of the old models in.

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS??? #8  
trac, thanks for the info on the model change at LS. I am going to stop back to my dealer on Friday and talk to him..just seems weird that the dealers are receiving the new models and its taking over a month to get one of the old models in.

Maybe there are no more old models to be had? It looks like it may be a new model for you. :thumbsup:

Maybe there are no more old models to be had? It looks like it may be a new model for you. :thumbsup:

Ya maybe, at this point I really dont care..old model, new model its not that big of a deal to me, it is just here in northern michigan we still have snow on the ground with the chance of more to come, not to mention the mud in between My tractor would sure come in handy right now! -avatar-

/ MODEL CHANGE/ NO BUCKETS??? #10  
We get our LS tractors 4 at a time to make a full truckload. LS pays the freight to the dealer on full loads so If a dealer needs one tractor, he would have to get it from a nearby dealer or order 4 tractors to get the one he needs. I have no idea if this is the case with your dealer, but it could explain why some have the tractors and others are waiting for a shipment to come in. Also in some areas, LS has established distribution points that assemble tractors and prep for sale, so availablility could vary from one region to another.