Modern tractor to replace mf135

/ Modern tractor to replace mf135 #1  

Tpiton

Tractor
mf135 1967 gas engine
Hi folks, I have a mf135 that I've been running for 5 years. Tractor runs great, it's continental gas engine. But it's1967. I' worried about what could break next on it. I would like to get a modern tractor that would compare to the 135 strength wise. I would not like to go lower in HP because I use it for snowblowing . What would be a good comparable? I've seen a Kubota bx2380 for sale, but looks under power compare to my MF135? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ Modern tractor to replace mf135 #3  
There are no gas engine Three Point Hitch tractors produced today.

I've seen a {subcompact} Kubota bx2380 for sale.

Last edited:
   / Modern tractor to replace mf135 #4  
What size is your snowblower? You only have 38 pto hp, and your 3pt hitch is only rated for 2850 lbs, according to TractorData.com

I run a 6' snowblower on 32 pto hp with no problems at all.

That BX you're looking at has less than half the hp, 17 pto hp, and a 3 pt lift rating of 680 lbs.

If you're married to the idea of getting a Kubota, you're going to have to go bigger, like an L series 4060 or larger to get the equivalent size comparison.

/ Modern tractor to replace mf135 #6  
Massey 1800 series, Kubota Standard L, Kioti CK, Deere 3 series, LS MT2, New Holland Workmaster or Boomer, TYM 15 series, Mahindra 1600 series...

I'm sure I have made some glaring omissions, but you're in a great market segment if you like choice.

/ Modern tractor to replace mf135
What size is your snowblower? You only have 38 pto hp, and your 3pt hitch is only rated for 2850 lbs, according to TractorData.com

I run a 6' snowblower on 32 pto hp with no problems at all.

That BX you're looking at has less than half the hp, 17 pto hp, and a 3 pt lift rating of 680 lbs.

If you're married to the idea of getting a Kubota, you're going to have to go bigger, like an L series 4060 or larger to get the equivalent size comparison.
I have a 6feet snowblower

/ Modern tractor to replace mf135 #8  
look into the Massey 2600H series.
Similar size and weight to what you have and HP from 45 HP up to I believe 65 at the PTO.
Heavy frame utility as apposed to the compacts.

/ Modern tractor to replace mf135 #9  
as a footnote to OP & MF135. great tractor, i had it's predecessor TO35 for 28 yrs. when finally purchasing new K, took me some time to realize the old school machine chassis was heavier than the modern day Kubota equivalent hp frame.

weight is always a friend when choosing tractors, so if you're looking to upgrade to the same or higher hp from an old school model, go larger chassis (model) in your modern machine.

/ Modern tractor to replace mf135 #10  
look into the Massey 2600H series.
Similar size and weight to what you have and HP from 45 HP up to I believe 65 at the PTO.
Heavy frame utility as apposed to the compacts.

This man offers solid advice; seldom will you regret going up a frame size.