Modify bx2230 MMM (floating) Height Range

/ Modify bx2230 MMM (floating) Height Range #1  

chilibit

Tractor
L5030, BX and RTV
I use the BX for finish mowing near the house. It has a range on the floating deck (60 inch) of 1-4 inches. Too low for my use. I can raise the deck and then ease it down without letting it decend to the 4 inch stop (settable with the knob), but that is hit or miss. I would change the knob settings to 3,4,5,6 rather than 1,2,3,4. I searched. Has anyone made this mod? Keyword to search with?

I realize that the guide wheel shafts will be too short to force the deck to follow the terrain if it is set higher than 4. Does not bother me.

Vince

/ Modify bx2230 MMM (floating) Height Range #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I use the BX for finish mowing near the house. It has a range on the floating deck (60 inch) of 1-4 inches. Too low for my use. I can raise the deck and then ease it down without letting it decend to the 4 inch stop (settable with the knob), but that is hit or miss. I would change the knob settings to 3,4,5,6 rather than 1,2,3,4. I searched. Has anyone made this mod? Keyword to search with?

I realize that the guide wheel shafts will be too short to force the deck to follow the terrain if it is set higher than 4. Does not bother me.

Vince )</font>
<font color="red"> ===========
I've done some mowing with mine anywhere above 4 and completely raised. </font>

/ Modify bx2230 MMM (floating) Height Range #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I use the BX for finish mowing near the house. It has a range on the floating deck (60 inch) of 1-4 inches. Too low for my use. I can raise the deck and then ease it down without letting it decend to the 4 inch stop (settable with the knob), but that is hit or miss. I would change the knob settings to 3,4,5,6 rather than 1,2,3,4. I searched. Has anyone made this mod? Keyword to search with?

Vince )</font>
<font color="red"> ===========
I've done some mowing with mine anywhere above 4 and completely raised. </font>