Status
Not open for further replies.
   / MODS - Removing a post...AGAIN #11  
mathey said:
I feel like if posts are going to be deleted, I should at least know why
Yup, that sure seems reasonable!

/ MODS - Removing a post...AGAIN #12  
mathey said:
I posted a link in the "Rural" forum to an April Fools page on Google that I found pretty funny...

Related Topics
No politics, religion, joke lists or personal/legal advice threads. Keep it clean and friendly!

/ MODS - Removing a post...AGAIN #13  
mathey said:
I posted a link in the "Rural" forum to an April Fools page on Google that I found pretty funny, hey I fell for it hook line and sinker. (I guess if you don't have dial-up, you might not find it funny)

As best as I can tell, it voilated no rules that I can find, but it was quickly deleted.

I feel like if posts are going to be deleted, I should at least know why, lest I offend the powers that be again.
mathey, was this the one? Welcome to Google Tisp

If so, that's a pretty good one :D

Last edited:
   / MODS - Removing a post...AGAIN
yes, that was it exactly, no other wording other than that link

it was/is not a joke list, humor yes, but not a joke list

perhaps some can see my confusion as to why this was deleted, or perhaps its blaringly obvious and I just can't see it

somebody help a brutha out

/ MODS - Removing a post...AGAIN #15  
mathey said:
yes, that was it exactly, no other wording other than that linkit was/is not a joke list, humor yes, but not a joke list...perhaps some can see my confusion as to why this was deleted, or perhaps its blaringly obvious and I just can't see it

The point is not whether it was technically a "joke list." These kinds of "funny" joke-y links/sites/stories etc always just spawn more and more and more and more links to less and less and less relevant material.

Posts such as this, while funny to some, do not serve the purposes of TBN, and spiral out of control virtually 100% of the time. So moderators just delete them.

Generally speaking, people are notified of removed posts. It maybe was just that whoever removed the post didn't have time at that moment to send a PM as to "why." I am not sure it needs much of an explanation.

As a general principle, moderators do not discuss, justify, debate or otherwise explain in public "why" a post was moderated, or "if" it was right to moderate, remove, etc.

Sufficient explanations have been given, and this thread now closed by moderators..

Status
Not open for further replies.