Montana 2840 parts needed!

/ Montana 2840 parts needed! #1  

LynnP

Tractor
Montana 2840
My husband has Parkinsons so now I'm our ranch-hand and tractor person :oops:. I really need a new seat for our Montana 2840. He taped this one together so many times its off-kilter and so lumpy it kills!
I also could really use a new hood. It has been something of a learning curve going from being a city-girl with a cowboy/rancher husband to being a fulltime ranch-hand and spouse caretaker. Its going pretty well and I love it but there has been some trial and error. One error resulted in my hitting a large round hay bale and cracking the plastic tractor hood. If anyone knows where to get a replacement hood, that would be wonderful. Meanwhile, the magic of gorilla tape is keeping things together surprisingly well. If any of you tractor pros have tips or information to share with a newbie, I could sure use it!
-Lynn

/ Montana 2840 parts needed! #2  
Montana body parts will be hard to source - I have sourced parts from salvaged Montana tractors through All States Ag parts before with success. As far as seats, many aftermarket seats will fit - feel free to post an image of the current seat.

/ Montana 2840 parts needed!
Montana body parts will be hard to source - I have sourced parts from salvaged Montana tractors through All States Ag parts before with success. As far as seats, many aftermarket seats will fit - feel free to post an image of the current seat.
Thank you

Attachments

• WIN_20220803_19_26_58_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220803_19_26_58_Pro.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 50
Thank you. The last person I asked said I could just weld a gob stomper to a thingamaggit and use that as a hood. He lost me at 'You could just weld'..

/ Montana 2840 parts needed! #5  
Oh yeah - for a direct replacement hood, you may wait a while unless someone else chimes in with a source, but I will keep a note on my desk to watch for one.

As far as seats - are you comfortable drilling out a new seat if the bolt pattern doesn't match up perfectly?

/ Montana 2840 parts needed! #6  
According to following Wiki article your Montana 2840 was produced by LS of Korea. Perhaps you can find a sympathetic LS dealer who can cross-reference Montana to comparable LS and order parts for you.

Take your Montana Operator's Manual with you to LS.

Last edited:
According to following Wiki article your Montana 2840 was produced by LS of Korea. Perhaps you can find a sympathetic LS dealer who can cross-reference Montana to comparable LS and order parts for you.

What a great idea! Thank you so much. I will follow that lead and see what I can find out. Very kind of you.

Oh yeah - for a direct replacement hood, you may wait a while unless someone else chimes in with a source, but I will keep a note on my desk to watch for one.

As far as seats - are you comfortable drilling out a new seat if the bolt pattern doesn't match up perfectly?
I appreciate you keeping your eyes open for a hood. As to drilling out a new seat… I have just learned how to use our weedwhacker without being spun around like a dance partner by it when cutting a weed thicker than 1/8”.
Our left front hedge is a visual testament to how much I have improved with the hedge trimmer since taking a massive chunk out of the front of the hedge on the right. ( I’m sure it will grow back and be fine).
I also now know how to make 2cycle gas and when to use it.
I’m learning new things daily but drilling out a new seat is way beyond my current skill level. I will ask the neighbors if they can do that or if they know someone I can pay to do it.
Thank you!!!