More 1845 Problems

/ More 1845 Problems
Sort of know the problem now. Put 5 gallons of oil in tank and started it up , no signs of any leaks, turned steering with brake on made noise. Took brake off and moved it about 3 foot forward brake still made noise . Left brake off and looked under pump and I could see oil flowing from a group of hoses that are all together and several layers high. Can't tell exactly what hose or fitting is leaking. Will call Terry tomorrow and see what he has to say. Need to clean that area out better.

/ More 1845 Problems #12  
Good luck, that is probably the worse scenario, at least in my mind. To try and pull the bad hose out! Better attach the replacement and pull it through.

/ More 1845 Problems #14  
   / More 1845 Problems #15  
You may want to replace other hoses that show similar degradation to the failed hose otherwise you could be doing this at regular intervals.

/ More 1845 Problems
The Ryobi is what I have been using but it does not have enough pressure for some jobs. Comes in handy.

/ More 1845 Problems
Hopefully got leak fixed. The leaking hose went to the right rear brake. It came off a T under the pump and went to right rear brake about 21 inches long. Had a custom hose made today as the fittings were different on the 2 ends one was jic 4 and other end was jic 6. Was a real bear to get on the rear brake as it is partially under the frame and several larger hoses to the wheel motor not much room to get your hand in and see what you are doing. Started tractor up and released brake and did not see any leaks, now just need to add more hydraulic fluid to tank.

/ More 1845 Problems #18  
Hopefully got leak fixed. The leaking hose went to the right rear brake. It came off a T under the pump and went to right rear brake about 21 inches long. Had a custom hose made today as the fittings were different on the 2 ends one was jic 4 and other end was jic 6. Was a real bear to get on the rear brake as it is partially under the frame and several larger hoses to the wheel motor not much room to get your hand in and see what you are doing. Started tractor up and released brake and did not see any leaks, now just need to add more hydraulic fluid to tank.
IIRC, the 1845 has a motor mount without a lot of access. Is that right?
That must a heck of a job. Have you tried a crow's foot wrench designed for flares? aka a fraction flare nut crowfoot?
1693108466499.jpeg

On my 1445, I have had to do this a couple of times, and I find removing the tire helps with access to the brake line on it, but I don't know about a 1845.

I know, I know, another tool...

All the best,

Peter

/ More 1845 Problems #20  
Many flare wrenches will not fit over the hose in order to slip on to the nut.

Ken
Too true. I do have a set of flare wrenches that seems to mostly work over hoses. The opening is polished a bit more round and usually makes it over my hoses. I guess one could always sacrifice some perimeter coverage for a hose fit with a bit of grinder work to make a custom tool.

Standard crow's foot can also work, but in my experience, they tend to be much bulkier.

All the best,

Peter