More Good OOOPS Images

/ More Good OOOPS Images #21  
I wonder how the driver of the D11 made out? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ More Good OOOPS Images #22  
Its not uncommon to have to walk an excavator over a deep trencch. It pretty safe on certain soils and if you dont look off and let your undercarriage walk off into a trench. I walked a 790 Deere ov er 3000 feet of pipe 12 feet deep last weekend. The one thing that got me stuck on an excavator stradling a trench is on a rock Job where we couldnt blast we had to Hoe ram it out using a 5000 pound Hydraulic hammer on the end of a 300 Komatsu. I had one behind me digging till he hit rock then Id ram the exposed rock and walk down the trench. I was under a power line so some of my movements were cautios and i was watching the power line and let a track fall off into a wider part of the trench. I couldnt pick myself op with the ram on the boom so I had the loader man bring me my bucket i used the quicktach to drop the hammer and the bucket to lift myself out.
Ive seen dad walk a standard excavator across a swamp using trees to to old the machine up like a crane mat.
I need to scan a few more of me and the JD scraper stuck at work. I have a picture here of a friend of 2 other scraper operators I work with and me all stuck in a staggered line from driving when it was too dark on the haul road and we were following the others tail lights and found a soft spot.

/ More Good OOOPS Images #23  
I'd like to see those pictures /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ More Good OOOPS Images #24  
Here's the story I got from one of our engineers at work
about the CAT truck and welding truck.

An excellent reminder of how easily this stuff happens when working around our
equipment.

The story goes like this...

Welder pulls up to stopped 793 to do some welding. Problem is he is on the
blind side of truck and in front of RF tire.

Truck operator wakes from 10 minute snooze at the same time the welder exits
his truck to put a lock out tag on the front
bumper.

The truck operator does not see the welder down at the bumper nor does he see
the welders truck. He puts truck into gear
step on accelerator all to feel the left of his truck rise dramatically up and
a loud sound of metal crunching.

He of course stops. What happens next is only be shear luck. The welder gets
far enough from the truck that he is not hurt, but shortly after the event is
taken to the hospital suffering from pains in his chest......heart attack.

The truck operator seeing how close he came to killing someone, also suffers
chest pains and is rushed to the hospital.

The attached photos are very sombering when you think how close you come every
day to the same demise. I've never park my vehicle this close, but have
walked up to trucks bumpers without them knowing I'm there. Not anymore.

/ More Good OOOPS Images #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The attached photos)</font>

I think you forgot something. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ More Good OOOPS Images #27  
Ooopss... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ More Good OOOPS Images #28  
How does the equipment handle being in the "drink" like that? A pretty hefty repair bill?
Any info on the combine driver? That cab looked pretty bad off. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ More Good OOOPS Images #29  
how not to pull out a stuck tractor
don't use a D6 and a ford Versital
there is also a second picture of a John Deere ,it is the best thing that could have happened to a Deere web shots

/ More Good OOOPS Images #30  
I think the JD dried out OK. If you look closely, you can see the operator in the cab, trying to push himself out backwards with the boom, while the big tow trucks are pulling with their winch cables. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It was city equipment and a city employee doing the operating, so he probably got a week off with pay to deal with the post-traumatic stress. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif