More good tractor deals coming?

/ More good tractor deals coming? #1  

stumpfield

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 MT265B
It seems many compact tractor brands are starting to advertise great deals. Price cuts...rebates...0% financing...ect. Is this an indication of a slow year due to the economy or this is the usual spring time thing??? Newer used tractors seem to cost more than new ones from the dealer when factor in all the incentives. Anyone know all the brand/models currently on sale? Thanks.

/ More good tractor deals coming? #2  
No one will really know the economeys impact on tractor sales for another few months. From what I've heard, most companies where doing well though Dec-Jan. What your seeing is mostly the typical ramp up for spring time.

/ More good tractor deals coming? #3  
I think this year will be a buyer's market for sure. And you are right Stumpfield, I have seen several used tractors that cost more than new. Some people say to never buy new, but that does not seem to be the case here.

/ More good tractor deals coming? #4  
stumpfield said:
It seems many compact tractor brands are starting to advertise great deals. Price cuts...rebates...0% financing...ect. Is this an indication of a slow year due to the economy or this is the usual spring time thing??? Newer used tractors seem to cost more than new ones from the dealer when factor in all the incentives. Anyone know all the brand/models currently on sale? Thanks.

MF is replacing their GC 2300 with a new model. I believe they still are offering 0% for 60 months. If you need a size larger the 1500 series might fit.
Do your research. This sight is the best source of info I've found. Finally, I agree with your conclusion. If you can strike a good deal on a new unit with competitive financing it's a better way to go than used. Good Luck

/ More good tractor deals coming? #5  
The MFGC2300 & GC2310 are on sale for 0% for 60 months, and will be until at least the end of March. The GC2300's are scarce, most are gone from the system. There are a fair amount of the GC2310's left so far. This rate will not be available on the new models. New rates, and pricing are comming out 3/17.

/ More good tractor deals coming? #6  
I bet you'll see better deals on tractors this summer than in the past 5-10 years. All the construction trades are dead or laying off. This means the compact tractor and utility tractor market will get real slow. Dealers depend on those sales more than you think.

The used market will be even better. Lots of businesses will go belly-up. I'm already seeing it around here :eek:

As much as I hate to see this slow down in my own business, it presents no better time to buy property and equipment.

Remember: Buy low, sell high! Buy low being the more important of the two!:D

/ More good tractor deals coming? #7  
Builder said:
I bet you'll see better deals on tractors this summer than in the past 5-10 years. All the construction trades are dead or laying off. This means the compact tractor and utility tractor market will get real slow.

The compact tractor market depends on home owners more than it does the construction business. No doubt, construction is way down. Our excavator sales are way off. Compacts actually seem to be doing fairly well, especialy since we're not into spring yet.

/ More good tractor deals coming? #8  
MessickFarmEqu said:
The compact tractor market depends on home owners more than it does the construction business. No doubt, construction is way down. Our excavator sales are way off. Compacts actually seem to be doing fairly well, especialy since we're not into spring yet.

I agree. We are now slightly up from last year, which actually surprises me a little. It may be the programs as they are better this year also. It will be interesting to revisit this in the fall and see what it looks like.

/ More good tractor deals coming?
DavesTractor said:
I agree. We are now slightly up from last year, which actually surprises me a little. It may be the programs as they are better this year also. It will be interesting to revisit this in the fall and see what it looks like.

So...they are being proactive to boost sale? Is that mean there will be more incentives coming in the summer time?

/ More good tractor deals coming? #10  
stumpfield said:
So...they are being proactive to boost sale? Is that mean there will be more incentives coming in the summer time?

The incentives are better than they have ever been. Like 0%/60 months on one model, 0/48 on many others, 0/0/0 programs, etc. I think they could do this because of the fed lowering interest by a couple of points cumulatively recently, that makes money cheaper for Mahindra.

They won't tell us, but I assume the programs will be similar for April/May. However, the 0/60 may not last and which programs apply to what models may change, so if you like the current program, it is a good time to buy.

Mahindra wants market share, and a good way to get it is to not only have a very good product, but also to make it easy to buy.