More Green

/ More Green #2  
DFB,
Nice rig. I just bought a tractor. I am thinking of getting a trailer. That looks like a car trailer. What size is it? Do you like it? Comments?

Dave

/ More Green
Hey Dave! Yea that's an open car hauler. 18' long with the beavertail. Detachable ramps, P.T. wood deck. Well built. I like it. Get all the specs here CAR*MATE. Only 14"wheels though. I feel its just right for my 200mi highway hauls between properties. D.O.W was more than I needed. Got it in Mass. too. Cycle X-press

/ More Green #4  
DFB,
Thats what I call a trailer full and she{JD4100}a beauty!

If we ever get our New England winter, looks like you aren't going to have any problems.

Better throw another log in the fire...chilly out there this morning,-0 and the windchill -9 here. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Have a pleasant day.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ More Green
Good morning Thomas, Your up early today. Sunny and 10 F here. Will be heading your way to be see the wife's folks for Christmas. Thanks for the compliment and I hope you have a joy filled holiday season.
DFB

/ More Green #6  
DFB, is the trailer in the photo yours? I'm looking at one pretty much like it. Two 3500# axles? Brakes on one? How do you like it? Ramps OK? I'm considering having flip up ramps instead of slide in. Nice looking rig by the way... good color!

Rob
18-25126-790sig.gif

/ More Green
Hey Rob. Yea, the trailer's mine. Just like you describe. There is a link in this thread for all the the info. 7 pin connector and 2 5/16 coupler. Stake pockets. Ramps are strong but lightweight. Made of angle iron. They slide in under the trailer(behind the rear axle)for storage. Thats the way I wanted it. I thought the fold up ramps might get in the way. The landscape style trailer has the same specs, but with angle iron sides and a tailgate. I don't know if the gate design would be strong enough. I was told they could reinforce it to make it stronger. Nice to have one. Useful for hauling other stuff too. Things like hay, firewood. Good for lumber and other construction materials. Saves wear on the truck and you don't have to unload right away. I'm glad I got it.