More newbie kioti vs. Kubota

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #1  

Spinaltap33

Tractor
None yet
Sorry to be so redundant on this topic, but I am about to lay down a large chunk (at least for me) of money on possibly way too much tractor than I really need.. For my budget I can afford either the kubota L3240 cab hydro or the Kioti dk50 cab hydro and 5' mower. I know the 50 is more than I will ever need as I will be using it on 5 acres to mow, pick up limbs, plow snow, just basic things... Here is my dilemma, I can change filters but other that, pretty limited in my knowledge of much more than than in maintenance, so I'm assuming I will need to rely heavily on the dealership for most things. The kioti dealership just recently picked up the line but also carries TYM, he may be the greatest person and dealership ever, it's just an unknown, whereas the Kubota dealership has been in business forever it seems and is really good friends of my neighbor, has always taken care of my neighbor and has gone out of his way to show me the different tractors and all the features and benefits of the Kubota without being pushy. I'm just a guy who likes to feel like he got a good deal... Thoughts???

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #2  
I think that no matter which one you go with you will find high quality product. You should consider the dealer part of the package and decide how much of the package cost to attribute to the dealer and what it is worth to you.

Once you have a percentage, you can compare the dealers and see if one or the other pushes the deal into the "can't pass it by" column.

I think that the Kioti dealer has given satisfactory service to his other customers, then he will devote the same care to his new Kioti customers, or at least as much as the brand will permit. I have never heard anything bad about the brand support to it's vendors, so the dealer should be able to do as much for the Kioti line as he was willing to do for his other lines.

If both dealers give you the same warm fuzzy with respect to their attitude and willingness to stand behind their deals and product, then just decide which hardware you like best for the price and jump in with both feet.

If you have reservations about the dealer, I would suggest spending some time around the parts counter talking with the walk-ins to get their attitude about repairs and parts, ask for some referrals and talk to them, even drop in on people who have a tractor on their property and ask who their dealer is and what they think of them.

Chance are they are members of this or a similar site and will gab your ear off. :laughing:

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #3  
Those are pretty good size tractors for 5 acres... what implements are you getting with the tractor? Those can add up fast $$$ Have you looked at smaller tractors with backhoes attachments? Something lighter weight for the yard and more usable on smaller property?

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #4  
I agree with Teg. Those are both rather large units, especially for mowing lawns. In the spring on soft lawns you may cause more damage than you'll like. I have just over 4 acres and chose instead to downsize the tractor to the Kioti CK20 with FEL and 60" snow blower. I used the savings to buy a zero turn mower.

Now, granted I haven't used the blower yet - I'm very happy with the CK20. It's able to do everything I've needed so far. And I'm thrilled with the zero turn mower. I really enjoy cutting grass now!

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #5  
Even if you just backed off to a DK40 hydro with cab, you might save enough to buy another attachment or two and you'd still have 'way more than enough tractor to maintain 5 acres.
BOB

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota
I have a Deere sst18 zero turn for the lawn, guess I didn't even think of using it there, just for mowing field, digging some water lines in with a rented backhoe attachment, getting a good box scraper... So forth

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #7  
I agree Guys, Thats a lot of tractor!
I had a BX2200 and it was a great tractor but i needed a bigger frame tractor as some of the attachments i was using pushed it to the limit. I looked at both Kubota and Kioti and went with a Kioti CK30hst besause of the way it built (much stronger) however it is alittle to much weight in the spring for my lawn 2 +3 acers of grass. I donot regrett buying it. I do think 50hp is to much.
HB

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #8  
I would have to agree with some of the others 50Hp for five acres is an awful lot of tractor. You might consider the CK line, The CK 27, 30, and 35 are nearly identical tractors about the only difference is HP and would be much more maneuverable than the larger tractor if it is the cab that you want Kioti now has a cab for the CK series check Kioti's website for details listed under accessories. Personally I would buy another Kioti before I would ever consider that other orange tractor, IMOP more bang for the buck.

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #9  
I'll go further. I would be flat out dumb to purchase a 50hp tractor for a five acre area. The Kioti tractors appropriate for that size lot would be the CK20, CK30 series and maybe the DK35 (probably too big).

It also doesn't make much sense to have a DK50 pulling a 5ft mower as it will probably not even cover the wheel tracks.

I managed a 5 acre lot (clearing then mowing) with a CK20 and a 4ft hog and 5ft finish mower. There were times I'd have liked an extra foot on each implement and the necessary power to run them but that would not be more than 30hp tops.

In the Kubota line the B3030 is the ideal size IMO. Very nice tractor. Smaller frame than the equivalent HP Kioti but the B3030 is designed for mowing and does that very well. Cab version available too.

Also, although Kioti's are very reliable, I would suggest that if you are anxious about service now then you will always be concerned about that issue. One of the main advantages Kubota has over Kioti (perhaps the only real advantage:laughing:) is the dealership network. I would not rely on a new Kioti/TYM dealer even if he was my brother. On the otherhand, if you are comfortable getting your hands dirty and have the time to tinker, there are some excellent established Kioti dealers who are used to supporting customers by phone and UPS. I have done that for years and am very happy. Kioti puts out some excellent maintenance manuals (I hope they have updated the rather horrid CK series manuals, I'm referring to the DKse manuals).

/ More newbie kioti vs. Kubota #10  
I agree that the sizes you've mentioned are more than you'll need. Be careful that you're not falling into a mental trap that says that it's got to be big to seem like a "REAL" tractor - these little suckers are real workhorses.

Read in here about the amazing things that some of the members have accomplished with one of the Kubota BX sized machines, for example, and keep in mind that each jump up in class carries with it a big jump up in the costs of the tools you need to get jobs done, the implements, as well as your costs to run the tractor. Fuel, oils, parts,.

I think you went a long way in answering your own questions when you said:
"...whereas the Kubota dealership has been in business forever it seems and is really good friends of my neighbor, has always taken care of my neighbor and has gone out of his way to show me the different tractors and all the features and benefits of the Kubota without being pushy"