more power

/ more power #71  
JC-jetro said:
I mega ditto that.. below is the picture of my clutch after 28 years of use. It's got many more years left if I give it just a bit of TLC. As you said, splitting and changing an $80 clutch disk is not a major thing. I'll be watching the clutch thickness every once in a while. It is a good think that I have a hand hole with a rubber cap on the tranny allowing me inspection with no disassembly in couple of minutes.:)

JC,

dsc03674zz9.jpg
How thick are the rivet heads wrt the remaining clutch material? To me it looks critical, but maybe Im scaling it wrong.
larry

/ more power #72  
SPYDERLK said:
How thick are the rivet heads wrt the remaining clutch material? To me it looks critical, but maybe Im scaling it wrong.
larry

I'm not sure Larry. I just compared the total thickness of the plate visually to couple of automotive clutch plates I changed. I looked at the clutch plate for my jeep also and OEM equivalent is not much thicker than my tractor's. I have yet to do a clutch disk replacement on a tractor. Are the tractor clutch disks a lot thicker? I hate to damage/score my pressure plate and or flywheel so first time i hear grinding noise and I'll be on it. I reckon I can gage thickness with piece of cardboard or something and try to compare it with OEM specs.

JC,