More progress on my 135 rebuild

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild
Sometimes I think there should be.

I am glad I am not the only one who was confused by OP. If it had been OM I would figure "owners manual". I have looked at the wiring diagram in OP. Fortunately, the wiring diagram in the SM (shop manual) has them coded by wire color.

Kid, my friend put on the manifold while I put on starter. It looked like none of them could be torqued due to the manifold being too close. I will have to look at further.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #12  
Forester Massey said:
I found the diagram in the shop manual. Forgive me but I don't know what OP means. Are you saying their is a diagram on the tractor? The tractor is in my friends barn and its not well lit. I will get some pics when I get the front end on and out in the sun.

Forester. Try this on for size. It looks like a good diagram which also includes wire sizes. One of the main things you must follow is making sure the neutral safety switch in in the starting circuit to prevent a serious accident. -the kid

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #14  
I am glad I am not the only one who was confused by OP. If it had been OM I would figure "owners manual". I have looked at the wiring diagram in OP. Fortunately, the wiring diagram in the SM (shop manual) has them coded by wire color.

Kid, my friend put on the manifold while I put on starter. It looked like none of them could be torqued due to the manifold being too close. I will have to look at further.

Look through my refurbish thread. I have a solution for that. I ran into the same problem puting a new manifold on mine. On mine, one of the manifold to exhaust pipe bolts where messed up and rusted beyond use. I bought a nice used one at a salvage yard. The manifold is of poor design and they probably had special tools to torque the bolts down. My solution solves that. The heat shield is a bear too. I modified mine to install easily after the top bolts to the manifold are torqued. I've got pictures of all that. Might be worth a look see. Take care and Happy Holidays.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #15  
G'day Forester Massey.
If you need to buy quality massey parts have a look at this site sales@agrilineproducts.com they have a complete wiring harness for 30 pounds sterling about 50 dollars u.s..
Regards.
Hutch.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild
G'day Forester Massey.
If you need to buy quality massey parts have a look at this site sales@agrilineproducts.com they have a complete wiring harness for 30 pounds sterling about 50 dollars u.s..
Regards.
Hutch.
Thanks Shona 13. I looked at their website and did not find any wiring harnesses. I have found them elsewhere but not for the continental motor.

/ More progress on my 135 rebuild #17  
I found the diagram in the shop manual.

Forester. Try this on for size. It looks like a good diagram which also includes wire sizes. One of the main things you must follow is making sure the neutral safety switch in in the starting circuit to prevent a serious accident. -the kid

The original version of the wiring diagram I colored to highlight the starter circuitry then posted to help another member is a much higher resolution and easier to read. It can be found via the links below.

Description:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/256084-massey-135-starter-wiring.html#post2986471

High Resolution Image:
http://i48.tinypic.com/vzbjnk.jpg

Last edited: