More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations #12  
Where I live, most of the roads have multiple names. They are numbered, like County Road or Farm to Market Road and a number. And that same road has a name to it, like Kings Lane is also FM346. Same road, two names.

What kills me is that some of them overlap each other and you can have as many as four names to the same road. 155, 31, 69 and Broadway are all the same road in areas of Tyler.

Then there is the loop arond Tyler. It's designated by compass points. NNE, SSW, N, SE and so on. While that's bad enough, the numbers overlap. I don't know them well enough to know if there is a duplicate number, but I do know that you can be on the wrong side of town if you are looking for an address based on the numbers alone, but don't know where you are on the compass around the center of Tyler.

We always joke that somebodies high school student figured it all out and those in charge were too stuborn to admit that little junior didn't have a clue. Kind of the same thing with whoever designed DFW Airport. But that's another issue without an intellegent explination.

Glad to hear your back yard wasn't on fire Bird.

Eddie

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations #13  
Bird, was ya cooking another Turkey? Come on you can tell us..:D

Did you offer them a cup of coffee? that kind of excitement would cost you $20 at the movie house!
Good to hear everything was ok, I would tell my neighbors that your buddies just came over to visit, your security force so to speak..

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations
Well, it's no longer a mystery. The culprit was just here.:D A little 9 year old girl who lives about 4 houses up the street says another kid dared her to call 911 and report a fire, so she did, and she just used our address because she knew what it was. And they did trace the call back to her last night and I understand she got quite a tongue lashing from the police officers and firemen last night. The little girl is being raised by an aunt who made her write a letter of apology to us and deliver it just now, and she's having to write a letter of apology to the fire department and one to the police department, and she's been grounded the rest of this month.:D

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations #15  
Dear Santa,

I've been a bad little girl. . . .:(

That was an expensive prank call.

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations #16  
Well I have to give kudos to the aunt, sounds like she is using good sense discipline to me.

Allot of parents wouldn't go that far theses day's.

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations #17  
Well I have to give kudos to the aunt, sounds like she is using good sense discipline to me.

Allot of parents wouldn't go that far theses day's.

Ditto that.

I think you should invite the girl over for milk and cookies after Christmas. Show her the good side of neighbors and that you are more than a house number. It would make the lesson sink in, in the right direction. Nine is a pretty tender age, at least it used to be.
Dave.

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations
Of course that little girl and several others ride their bikes and skate boards up and down the street (very little traffic) and sometimes in our driveway, which is fine with us. But about a week ago, I was in here on the computer when the doorbell rang and my wife went to the door. A few minutes later, she came in here and said she couldn't believe it, but it was 2 kids who asked if she would give them some candy. She said she told them that she didn't have any candy for them and they shouldn't be going to peoples' doors asking for candy.

My wife said that little girl was one of the two, so when the little girl brought the letter, and her aunt was with her, my wife asked her, "Did you do that because I wouldn't give you any candy the other day?" The little girl said, "No" and I think the aunt was surprised and asked the girl, "Did you come down here asking for candy?" and the girl admitted it, so the aunt was upset with her over that, too.

Of course, we gave out lots of candy Halloween night.

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations #19  
Of course that little girl and several others ride their bikes and skate boards up and down the street (very little traffic) and sometimes in our driveway, which is fine with us. But about a week ago, I was in here on the computer when the doorbell rang and my wife went to the door. A few minutes later, she came in here and said she couldn't believe it, but it was 2 kids who asked if she would give them some candy. She said she told them that she didn't have any candy for them and they shouldn't be going to peoples' doors asking for candy.

My wife said that little girl was one of the two, so when the little girl brought the letter, and her aunt was with her, my wife asked her, "Did you do that because I wouldn't give you any candy the other day?" The little girl said, "No" and I think the aunt was surprised and asked the girl, "Did you come down here asking for candy?" and the girl admitted it, so the aunt was upset with her over that, too.

What an odd child. Since her Aunt is raising her, I guess there is some family history there which might explain things.
Dave.

/ More Red, White, & Blue Lights Than Our Christmas Decorations #20  

I think it sounds like the "other kid" may be the one who needs parental attention. Sounds like the little girl's aunt has it under control but she should maybe make sure her little girl avoids the other kid..