More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #11  
Kind of feel a little bad... I have one that was recalled and I filled out the information... looks like I'll get a replacement!!! SHOUT OUT and a big Thanks to PastTense for posting this....

Oh, why am I feeling bad? I used the fire extinguisher to put out a propane tank that had flames burning out of the valve handle!!! Worked great!!!

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #12  
I had four that were recalled. I filed the form online on 11/02 and today two of the replacements arrived today on Fedex ground. 7 days ain't bad for a recall. Maybe the other two will show up tomorrow??

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #13  
What a pain that was just for two small extinguishers, I typed in that date code 6 different ways just to submit the form, atleast the page said it was submitted. First I type it in the right date code 3 times just to make sure I was typing it in right, then 3 other ways trying to get something to go through, why a date code what wrong with just 2014, gotta have a code for 2014 just to make sure it's not 1914.

I thought I better see about getting them replaced just in case a small fire starts in my 4 year old garage, dont and wont want to build that over again. I seen a small extinguisher work and they do work good on a small gasoline fire.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #14  
Thanks for sharing. I had two on the list.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #15  
When the replacements arrive they come with a prepaid shipping label to return the old units in the original packaging.
I suspect that Kidde plans to replace the plastic valves and send them to someone else.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #16  
I also sent in my request for 4 recalled extinguishers. I wonder if this recall will cause the company to go under?

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #17  
Thanks PastTense. I just submitted mine for 2 nice old 'made in USA' heavy duty models.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #18  
What a pain that was just for two small extinguishers, I typed in that date code 6 different ways just to submit the form, atleast the page said it was submitted. First I type it in the right date code 3 times just to make sure I was typing it in right, then 3 other ways trying to get something to go through, why a date code what wrong with just 2014, gotta have a code for 2014 just to make sure it's not 1914.

I did not fill in the date code on any of the ones I returned because it said it was optional to fill it in.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #19  
When filling out the form my two asked for different info on the different models. The first I did asked for the model, date code, and serial number. The second just asked for the model and serial number. Oddly enough my first unit was made in Mexico and had a regular date on the bottom. I was able to put in the month, day, and year in google to convert it to the 5 digit type code they said was on the unit. When I did my second I entered the date code in the serial number request and didn't pay attention till I submitted. I attempted to re enter with the info requested and ended up seeing 3 extinguishers in my claim. I called today to let them know so they could take the second entry out and they claimed all three were already shipped. I figured their system would catch the fact that the date code wasn't a valid serial number but I guess they aern't paying that much attention to it. Later I called to ask if it would have a return label and was told it should so I guess I will just use that to return one of the new ones. I am glad they are supplying a return label so I can send back the old and the mistaken one.

/ More Than 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers made over last 40 years Recalled #20  
I did not fill in the date code on any of the ones I returned because it said it was optional to fill it in.

No wonder I had trouble with that form, can't even get that right. Wonder if I need to do it over, haven't got a email response from Kidde extinguisher saying recieved your request exchange, or maybe something like congratulations your the 1000th customer exchange form filler outer and you have now just won a brand new tractor.