Mowing More Than Mowing

/ More Than Mowing #1  

impdaddy

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland 1520
Just goes to show that our tractors can be used for many different things. Last weekends deer season.

Attachments

• PB160010.jpg
    PB160010.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 355
   / More Than Mowing #2  
Been there, done that. :D

The buck on the left looks to be a dandy!

I hang them like that to rinse them out with a hose when I get them back to the house. Once they've drained good, I take 'em into the shed where I winch them up by the gambrels for immediate processing.

Our season starts next weekend.

Good Hunting!

/ More Than Mowing #4  
Oh how I miss those corn fed deer. Just moved to MO last year from IA/NE. They run a bit smaller down here.

/ More Than Mowing #5  
I guess he never heard the saying, "Let them go, let them grow"?

Oh wait, those are already grown up!

jb

/ More Than Mowing
Thanks Bud. The one was at least 6yrs old with almost no teeth left and the other was about 4.5 yrs old and big and fat. both were going to get now bigger and we firmly believe in the 'let them go let them grow ' philosophy. We let a whole bunch of small 4x4's go

/ More Than Mowing #7  
Our season started the 1st of Nov. Unfortunately ours are considerably for the most part. So far this season I've been out only once due to work etc. and that day it was so windy that it felt the deer stand was going to fall down. Hope to get at least one day this coming weekend.

/ More Than Mowing #8  
Thanks Bud. The one was at least 6yrs old with almost no teeth left and the other was about 4.5 yrs old and big and fat. both were going to get now bigger and we firmly believe in the 'let them go let them grow ' philosophy. We let a whole bunch of small 4x4's go

I'm glad you could tell I was just yank'n your chain! It's pretty obvious that you practice quality deer management. You don't just "accidentally" whack 2 mature bucks! Once they get that large, the only reason to let them go is if they are heading to my tree stand!!!! And I'm serious about that too!

jb

/ More Than Mowing
yeah it is pretty easy to see when ppl are just yankin away. That's why this is a good site . I haven't been here enuf to see any fur flying over issues, but I would let the buck go but it a a looooong way from nebraska to wisconsin lol

/ More Than Mowing
wolf: we went hunting near Brady couples of years ago for 2 yrs straight. shot an axis deer, which was pretty cool , but nothing else important. But as you know , you can shoot about six (?) deer on one tag. still we had a good time. bad deer hunt is better than good day in the office