mounting & dismounting your own tractor tires

/ mounting & dismounting your own tractor tires #61  
I have a question about tire mounting- I have to replace the front tires on my new 782. I don't have the need or cash to do all 4 tires right now, so I'll have the front and backs mismatched. The local tire place has Duro turfs for $27 each or Duro ribs for $29 each. Are there advantages/disadvantages to either style? I pretty much only mow with the tractor but may add a snowblower someday if that affects the decision. I am partial to the ribs and would someday like to do ags on the rear.

Thanks

/ mounting & dismounting your own tractor tires #62  
If your mowing nice grass, I would suggest the turfs, I think they will do less damage to the grass when turning hard,

the ribs in my opinion are more for loose dirt such as in a tillage situation and the ribs will grab the dirt and keep the tire from sliding as much in a turn, (In theory),

I ran ribs on my front tires on my farm tractors in sandy loam soils for years, and now are running a aircraft tire No Flat Tires which is basically a flotation type tread, and the truth is I find little difference in the way it turns, I most likely would choose a tread design that would do the least damage in turns on grass if mowing was the main use of the tractor,

/ mounting & dismounting your own tractor tires #63  
Maybe I'll try putting it on the backhoe, so raising it up and down is easy and try to work it that way. Maybe with the solid platform the tractor provides, it may be easier than fighting it on the ground.
Thanks,
Smiley

It is, but there is no FINE control with my hoe's outriggers.
Putting rims back on takes an engine crane for the last 1/32 to 1/8 inch positioning.

/ mounting & dismounting your own tractor tires #64  
Actually my old 580 Case has very good control on the outriggers. I've always used them to adjust up and down for putting the wheels on alone and I change twice a year. I have a set of turf tires with chains for snow and the regulars for summer. All I do is use the stabilizers for a jack to just clear the ground, remove the tire/rim and flop it to the side, then use the hoe to swing the replacement tire/wheel around to the side as close as I can get and let it lean against the hoe. Then just roll it in place, joggle it to line up the holes, pop it on with a bar a bolt her back down.