mounting plates

/ mounting plates #11  
I purchased mine off eBay, manufactured by KFI. Great product.
$75 and $25 shipping.

/ mounting plates #12  
I purchased mine off eBay, manufactured by KFI. Great product.
$75 and $25 shipping.
Are they the full plate or the ones with the bar connecting the two receivers? I broke one of those the first time I dropped it.

/ mounting plates
searched for plates & found some 1/4, 5/16,716, thick some thicker on top than on bottom some full some partial plates, not sure what to get & how wide. ??

advise, please>>>>

thanks, cm

/ mounting plates #14  
My advice is get the one on the link I posted. 5/16" plate with a 3/8" top bar.

/ mounting plates #15  
Here is what I have so far....first 2 pics show the QA of the FEL laying down on the metal frame, the next 2 show the "top bar" in its proper orientation & tacked into place.

Now, before all the critics start, this is my first attempt at building anything like this from scratch:) The top bar is 1/4" thick and a bit wider (or deeper) than I would have liked but the steel was free, so I'll work with it.:thumbsup:

I cut it to length, and then cut 4 pieces at 45 degrees (matching my wooden template I made) and I have those 4 pieces supporting each side of the QA plates (2 for each side).

Sorry, the resolution is not that great b/c it is my cellphone camera!

I have laid a weld across most of it and will probably have to go back and add a second layer for strength.

I'll post more pics when done or at least getting the lower tabs in place.

Thanks for looking!

P.S. - I might go to the Ritchie auction in June and see if I can buy one of the frames they have listed??!! At least I'm having fun learning:D

Attachments

• IMG01053-20110514-2057.jpg
    IMG01053-20110514-2057.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG01054-20110514-2057.jpg
    IMG01054-20110514-2057.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG01055-20110514-2136.jpg
    IMG01055-20110514-2136.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG01057-20110514-2136.jpg
    IMG01057-20110514-2136.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 80
   / mounting plates #17  
Here is what I have so far....first 2 pics show the QA of the FEL laying down on the metal frame, the next 2 show the "top bar" in its proper orientation & tacked into place.

Now, before all the critics start, this is my first attempt at building anything like this from scratch:) The top bar is 1/4" thick and a bit wider (or deeper) than I would have liked but the steel was free, so I'll work with it.:thumbsup:

You're doin good!!
A few thoughts from my experience, 1/4" is a little light for the top angle but should be fine if you support it (like you did on the outside edge) at a point inboard of where your quick hitch ends. Make sure that the handles move all the way through their complete motion before you weld it. BTW, it doesn't need to go all the way across. Isn't welding up your own stuff cool!
Keep in mind that the top angle does ALL the work while lifting and the bottom angle does all the work during a "backdragging" type load.

Last edited:
   / mounting plates #18  
Thanks RI.

I have another support on the inside of each QA plate....so there are 4 total. I remeasured and the topbar is actually 3/8". Thanks!!!

Candyman - try this link on ebay.....

3/8" ATTACHMENT MOUNT PLATE SKIDSTEER BOBCAT SKID STEER | eBay

I checked the topbar on my loader bucket and it is 3/8". I would go 3/8 and thicker. Standard width on a quick attach is 44".

The price is $119 w/ free S&H. Not bad at all. Good luck!!!:thumbsup:

/ mounting plates #19  
The plates I ordered were the full plate and were only $9 more. The partial plate is ok if you are welding to a bucket, but to make a trailer hitch or 3 pt. adapter I prefer the full plate.

/ mounting plates #20  
Ok, I followed the ebay link to their storefront and lo, it's the same company I linked to. You can buy the full plate from the ebay storefront for $93 + $39 shipping or buy it from my link for $128 and free shipping.