Mouse and the Pickup

/ Mouse and the Pickup #21  
Remove the wiper arms and the cowl screen/panels and locate the opening for the recirc function--outside air source-- of the HVAC system. The opening is usually on the passenger side of the vehicle, far right. Place butyl tape...used for windshield installs... around the opening and embed some steel screen into the butyl. This will keep them out of the interior.

Last edited:
   / Mouse and the Pickup #23  
I have put poison in the attic and in our "barn." The barn is the cube off a moving truck with a roll up door and the only critters than can get inside are the danged mice. :mad: They eat the poison that is for sure. The blocks get eaten and I can see the green/blue mouse poop here and there. I don't like using the poison but mice in the attic is asking for trouble with our utilities up there and the mice were destroying things in the barn.

I have only found one dead one in the barn and there was not much smell. Just an odd, something ate right smell. The poison is supposed to make the mice thirsty so they go outside to find water and I die.

Later,
Dan

/ Mouse and the Pickup #24  
sandybeach said:
in 18 years my truck has never had mice other than a tiny problem in the engine compartment. My car did fine for 3 years. Now .... More mice every week. I've tried spring traps with p-nut butter, herbal bags from the ag co-op, sprinkled cayenne around, and poison. The ?*!#&$% mice sometimes outsmart the traps, and once they got away with a close call they stay away from the traps. I tried the sticky traps. They work, but they seem too cruel. i just put out an electric trap. we'll see ....

My better half prefers catch-and-release, but that doesn't seem to work in the car. I kill them reluctantly, but it has to be fast kill. I don't like to see an animal suffer - although I might make an exception for coyotes.

A friend wound up with $4000 damage to his Prius - a scary thought, considering that my mouse-mobile is also a Prius. Here's to hoping that Old Sparky - and maybe some peppermint oil - will settle the matter.

The battery-powered mouser is working well (so far). 4 times I baited it after spotting mouse cookies, 4 kills next morning.

/ Mouse and the Pickup #25  
sandybeach said:
The battery-powered mouser is working well (so far). 4 times I baited it after spotting mouse cookies, 4 kills next morning.
What is a battery-powered mouser?

/ Mouse and the Pickup #26  
electric_cat1.jpg

Actually, it's this: Electronic Mouse Trap - Victorョ Pest Control

Also, actually, the kill-count is 5. The last one must have gone straight to the trap; I haven't found any mouse patties from this one.

This one gives you mousing AND light: electric_cat3(lamp).jpg

/ Mouse and the Pickup
wedge40 said:
Go catch some snakes and put in the car(s). Mice problem will gone. Not sure I'd like the idea of a snake on the floor board though.
I use the sticky traps. Once a mouse is stuck I just take it out to the trash can in the garage and toss it out. Dont care if it's alive or dead. I live in the middle of the woods, they have the everywhere outside to play in, once you cross my threshold they're marked to die.

Wedge

Well I would get rid of my wife also though. LOL

/ Mouse and the Pickup #28  
   / Mouse and the Pickup #29  
I had a mouse in my old GMC truck years back. He got in just like TCBoomer describes. Once in a while I would the mouse scamper away into the air vent when I opened the truck door. One day he popped out of the fresh air inlet and perched on the wiper as I was leaving my girlfriend's place. I hit the wipers and launched him off the truck. Never saw him again.

/ Mouse and the Pickup #30  
Well I would get rid of my wife also though. LOL
My bride should have gotten rid of me a thousand times. Besides, she saved my life (literally). If I'm worth saving, my time with her is worth saving.

On the other hand, getting the kids out of house (and keeping them away) was a dream come true.

The mice .... the mice are another story.

BTW, the electric mouse trap is amazing. After 8 kills in 2 days in the car and house, I haven't seen another mouse in either place. When the contraption nails a mouse it buzzes (the trap, not the mouse). If you hear go off, you know there's a dead mouse. If you're not around to hear it, there's a green LED that blinks.

This beauty is fast, clean, and presumably humane.