Moving amber flashers on BX25

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25
I know I've seen a thread on this also, but haven't found it yet. The thing I remember sticking out to me was to ensure (when adding wire to reach up to where you want them) that you leave slack enough to allow for the ROPS to fold.

Yup, when I added my Peterson floods I ran the loom down the back of the ROPS for that reason even though I never fold it down now. True story - before I built my garage with 8-foot tall doors I use to store the BX in a Shelter Logic shelter so I ran all the time with the ROPS folded to clear the door. The garage goes up, I put the ROPS up for good, I sell the shelter and the next day I drive the BX into the shelter to help in dismantling it. Oops! You idiot! One small ripped seam but the purchaser didn't care. Phew.

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25 #12  
When I bought Kubota rear bagger, came with brackets to relocate flashers...bagger lid blocks view. Pretty simple..."square" u-bolts to fit ROPS and 2 pieces flat bar stock with 3 holes...2 for u-bolt and 1 for flasher stalk. Also came with wiring harness extensions. Should be able to reproduce this setup fairly easily...

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25 #13  
Yup, when I added my Peterson floods I ran the loom down the back of the ROPS for that reason even though I never fold it down now. True story - before I built my garage with 8-foot tall doors I use to store the BX in a Shelter Logic shelter so I ran all the time with the ROPS folded to clear the door. The garage goes up, I put the ROPS up for good, I sell the shelter and the next day I drive the BX into the shelter to help in dismantling it. Oops! You idiot! One small ripped seam but the purchaser didn't care. Phew.

:laughing: Sounds just like something I'd do!

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25 #14  
When I bought Kubota rear bagger, came with brackets to relocate flashers...bagger lid blocks view. Pretty simple..."square" u-bolts to fit ROPS and 2 pieces flat bar stock with 3 holes...2 for u-bolt and 1 for flasher stalk. Also came with wiring harness extensions. Should be able to reproduce this setup fairly easily...

really cool that the they think of this, and supply a solution. though, for the price of those baggers, they had better do so!

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25 #15  
You can move the flashers quite simply by making brackets like I did to mount aux lights.
IMG_4382.jpg

You could also just weld new tabs onto the ROPS, but that is a whole other can of worms.

Personally, If I had my tractor on a public road for any amount of time, Id install a strobe to the top of the ROPS... people are idiots.

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25 #16  
Scooby074 said:
You can move the flashers quite simply by making brackets like I did to mount aux lights.

You could also just weld new tabs onto the ROPS, but that is a whole other can of worms.

Personally, If I had my tractor on a public road for any amount of time, Id install a strobe to the top of the ROPS... people are idiots.

Agreed strobes are highly visible and are required by law in PA. Also I'm a large scale farmer for this area and do alot of road transport with excellent lighting and still have many close calls.

Well, I can't wait for 4shorts to do his with some elegant solution so I guess I'll just cobble something together and move ahead. Everyone likes form with function but given the choice of the two, I'll pick function every time. Thanks for the responses, guys.

Dean

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25 #18  
Well, I can't wait for 4shorts to do his with some elegant solution so I guess I'll just cobble something together and move ahead. Everyone likes form with function but given the choice of the two, I'll pick function every time. Thanks for the responses, guys.

Dean

::laughing: Sorry you can't wait. I got the stuff here to solve the problem and I think I have a cool practical design. The problem is the BX is still on the show room floor :confused3:
The guys are waiting on some stuff to arrive before they deliver it to me. I'm in no rush. The snow is piling up outside. Looks like another 30 cm event tonight.

I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
::laughing: Sorry you can't wait. I got the stuff here to solve the problem and I think I have a cool practice design. . :thumbsup:

Well, that being the case maybe I will wait. :cool2: I have until the spring to get it done.

/ Moving amber flashers on BX25 #20  
Well, that being the case maybe I will wait. :cool2: I have until the spring to get it done.

Not to worry. I'll have it long done before spring ;) I have all the goods to do it now, just need the tractor :cool2:

Now when you see what I have in mind you might say " he's nuts" :laughing: