Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice?

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #11  
buy a 40ft shipping container, take your time loading with all your stuff, hire semi truck to transport it. then you still have a container for storage at the new place.

Don't think all of this will be fitting in a shipping container

We have a sub-compact JD tractor with about 6 attachments, 2 large trailers, a 4 wheeler, and other misc. farm things

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #12  
I saw that he was talking about the USA. It was only an observation. Just seemed different to me that he was in the UK talking about it. It isn't completely clear whether he is moving items from the UK or moving things already in the USA. I will assume it's already in the USA. Best bet is to hire a couple of hot shotters. A relative of mine recently had a concession trailer moved about 2,800 miles for about $1400, but the trailer was worth 10 times the cost of moving..

Depending on the value of the equipment, it might be better to sell at least part of it and re-buy if needed at the destination.

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #13  
Maybe a TBN trailer relay. Just line up a bunch of forum members who each take it 100 miles then transfer it to the next member. You'd end up with lots of new friends.

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #16  
Maybe a TBN trailer relay. Just line up a bunch of forum members who each take it 100 miles then transfer it to the next member. You'd end up with lots of new friends.

Sounds like a lot of hitching and unhitching (20 times or better).

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #17  
I will assume it's already in the USA. Best bet is to hire a couple of hot shotters. A relative of mine recently had a concession trailer moved about 2,800 miles for about $1400, but the trailer was worth 10 times the cost of moving..

Depending on the value of the equipment, it might be better to sell at least part of it and re-buy if needed at the destination.

Realizing I came to this thread late, if your relative got a trailer moved that far for that price, that trucker had another load to pick up near the first destination. He sure as heck didn't dead head back for that money. I transport all over the US, wouldn't even think about doing a one way transport that cheap without a return load.

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #18  
Regular household movers (Allied Van Lines, Mayflower, etc.) routinely move vehicles (cars, trucks) inside their trailer packed along with the other household goods. Check into moving the tractor and 4 wheelers that way.

If you have a good size trailer, what can you load on that and transport it yourself on your move? Consider if the rest of the stuff is really worth paying someone to haul, or would it be more economical to sell it before the move and buy replacements after the move. Some of the stuff may cost more to move than it's worth.

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #19  
There are a lot of equiptment movers that move stuff coast to coast. I moved a dozer from one end of my state to the other and it cost me $500. Shipped a tn75 new holland from NC to Montana, cost another $500. Caught a driver needing a back haul home and shipped from Florida to NC for another $500. That one was pure luck. The thing is, these movers dont do straight thru hauls. My dozer and tractor where not the complete loads. The shippers contract loads all over and the drivers pickup and deliver all along the route. My tractor might have went thru Tenn, then Texas then Denver and Wyoming, before reaching its final destination in Montana. At each stop, the driver probably dropped a partial load and picked up something else, before continuing along the route. With that in mind, you might not see your shipped load for two or three weeks once loaded on the truck, but its the cheapest way to get it where you need it.

/ Moving Farm Equipment CrossCountry-advice? #20  
post a from to areas and a time frame. some times help

ive done a few hauls for free cause they had room for my stuff and i had a cdl