Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments

/ Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments #1  

JWK1

Tractor
unknown
Hey All, It's been a long time since I hung out here. I got my BX24 and then was busy working my job and taking care of the family. New job has me moving from central New York to central Maine and I've discovered that U-Haul won't let me rent a utility trailer one way, and I don't know if I have the time and energy to do that anyway. I've got a house to fix and sell and still take care of (and put up with) two teenage children.

So I've got a BX24 from '08 or '09 with backhoe, front end loader, 60" mower deck and grass collector. It only has 200 hours on it. I've done a bunch of searches and can't get a handle on fair prices for selling by private owner. Even dealers that are selling these used don't have the attachments I have. I want to price it to move, but don't want to get totally hosed.

Any advice on how I can research a selling price for this would really be appreciated. Any suggestions for getting this sold this summer would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

/ Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments #2  
If you like the equipment setup you have, I'd suggest moving it to your new location using a private hauler on Yesterday's Tractor: Hauling Ads - Yesterday's Tractor Co. I've had 2 tractors and several attachments moved - easy, reliable and reasonably priced.

/ Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments #3  
Wont Uhaul rent car haulers one way? That should fit a BX.

/ Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments #4  
Dude tell them you're hauling a Civic.
I just looked up a U haul car transport trailer and put in leaving Syracuse and destination Bangor.
Quote was $197 - remember you want to rent an Auto Transport Trailer - not a utility trailer. You are hauling a Honda Civic.

/ Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments #5  
...I've discovered that U-Haul won't let me rent a utility trailer one way, ...

Try a different dealer. Notice the place to enter pickup and drop off locations.

U-Haul: 6x12 Utility Trailer Rental w/Ramp

I've run into that before. A dealer gets a high-local-demand trailer in, then doesn't want to rent it one way, since he will never see it again.

Bruce

/ Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments #6  
   / Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments
Dude tell them you're hauling a Civic.
I just looked up a U haul car transport trailer and put in leaving Syracuse and destination Bangor.
Quote was $197 - remember you want to rent an Auto Transport Trailer - not a utility trailer. You are hauling a Honda Civic.

I looked that up and checked out a youtube on how to load those things. I'm not sure the front tires of the BX24 are far enough apart to fit on that trailer, and I'm definitely not seeing what would be happening to the front end loader during transport. Have you ever done this? The price sure is right.

/ Moving Long Distance - Looking for advice on how to sell BX24 with attachments #8  
Bucket should be wide enough to sit flat and chain it down.

IF BX is too narrow the other suggestion of a trying a different dealer is a good one for a uhaul utility trailer.

OR some boards an ingenuity, the auto trailer has plenty of cross members.