Moving to the Farm

/ Moving to the Farm
I decided to rake and seed some of the lawn today as we were supposed to get rain. Then rain it did.

Attachments

• image-2122105256.jpg
    image-2122105256.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3940853123.jpg
    image-3940853123.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 109
  • image-336051868.jpg
    image-336051868.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 109
   / Moving to the Farm #274  
I decided to rake and seed some of the lawn today as we were supposed to get rain. Then rain it did.

I can see it rained A LOT. Part monsoon it looks to have been.

/ Moving to the Farm #275  
Looks like lots of rain. Does this happen often? If it does you may need a curtain drain around the house or to tile the yard before re-seeding. It may still flood but would pull water away from the house faster. You don't want it to stay wet under the house.

/ Moving to the Farm #276  
On the bright side, all your grass seed washed out into the grass, where they will come up, making your grass thicker:D But this is a chance to see where your drainage problems are. How much rain did you get? Back in the early spring when I was just putting the garden in, we got 6" in one day. It was enough to put the river out of it's banks.

Larro

/ Moving to the Farm
We got more rain than I can remember getting in a long time. It literally poured buckets for three straight hours. We are getting rain again today and I think that will be a Bette gauge of how my drainage will be. It is going to need to be tweaked, but hopefully not overhauled.

/ Moving to the Farm #279  
New home for a growing family... sounds like a winning combination!