Mower blades gap

/ Mower blades gap #1  

Tdraym

Tractor
Cub Cadet 2206, Kabota 5500
Hello I have 2206 Cub cadet mower w/48 in. deck, My question is why is there a 1 in. space of higher grass between the 3 blades (2) rows of higher grass after cutting a long run grass , I can see it more the day after I cut my large lawn 3/4 Acre. I have checked the blades for any problems, nothing seems to be wrong w/them maybe 2 yrs. old. Any ideas what is causing this, cutting lawn weekly so I don't think the lawn is to high. Thanks for any advise

/ Mower blades gap #2  
Are the blades installed properly with the washer in the right place? Has the deck impacted anything? Is the deck level front to back?
Are the blade the correct blades and undamaged?

These are the first things that come to mind.

/ Mower blades gap #3  
Does that happen only where the mower turns or on a straight line as well?

If everything else checks out OK then I would suggest you use maximum RPMs and reduce travel speed and observe for any changes.

/ Mower blades gap #5  
Dull blades or going too fast for grass heigh are usually the main culprits.

Mowing when wet and plugging up the deck can cause it.

Obviously wrong blades that are too short.

Spacer or washer on the right side of the blades.

Belts slipping.

Do you have any pics of the underside of your deck in its current condition

/ Mower blades gap #6  
Hello I have 2206 Cub cadet mower w/48 in. deck, My question is why is there a 1 in. space of higher grass between the 3 blades (2) rows of higher grass after cutting a long run grass , I can see it more the day after I cut my large lawn 3/4 Acre. I have checked the blades for any problems, nothing seems to be wrong w/them maybe 2 yrs. old. Any ideas what is causing this, cutting lawn weekly so I don't think the lawn is to high. Thanks for any advise

Check the outside tips of your blades. What you describe sounds like the tips have been "sharpened" too much and have created a rounded effect or an angled tip edge rather thana straight facing blade edge.

/ Mower blades gap #7  
Since you see it more the day after you mow, it sounds like the grass is getting rolled/compacted in those 2 strips by your wheels or casters. Then it stands upright again the day after. Did you lower caster wheels lately? If not, you could be going too fast, your blades are worn, or your deck needs cleaning. Either of those will cause loss of 'lift' and not allow the rolled grass to get sucked upright to be clipped.