Mower Deck Stuck on Spindle

/ Mower Deck Stuck on Spindle #31  
Darn. It's getting harder and harder to get a free beer. :)

I like the option of using a cuttoff wheel along 1 side to cut most of the way through the yoke and then using a small chisel to spread the yoke enough to get it off.

Good luck on your sticky problem,

Don

/ Mower Deck Stuck on Spindle
I priced a replacement drive shaft assemble and it is only $125, so if I cannot get it off by banging it around, then I will chop it off, so I can cut my grass!

/ Mower Deck Stuck on Spindle #33  
Nuru,

What's the prognosis my friend?

Curious to find out what you had to do to correct the problem....

Terry

Terry, I got so wrapped up in trying to get it off I forgot to report. I got to get it off the last 1/2 inch of spindle and so I am still working on it. I ordered a new driveshaft, so if I happen to do in the connector, it won't matter. I will keep you all informed!

Finally got it off. PICs to follow. I need to do some spindle spline work, as one spline was kinda flattened a bit, but I should be able to use a Dremel to make it thin enough for the new driveshaft to fit on the spindle. Right now the new unit does not go on the spindle. Oh well, I guess that is what can happen when you get a used MMM. what happened was that one of the ball bearings that secure the MMM's driveshaft on the PTO spindle got stuck and was jammed up against the spindle spline. To get it off, the cost was one of the splines was damamged - not by getting it off but by the malfunctioning ball bearing during operation. i should have caught that, but I did not, oh well, 140 bucks late, i still feel good about m used MMM purchase! Hey if it does not work i can always get a rear mount mower deck!

/ Mower Deck Stuck on Spindle #36  
Glad you were able to get it off without too much damage.

Yeah, I think I can just use my Dremel with a cutting wheel to grind down the edges of that spline, so the new one will slide on. If not, then I might have to weigh the costs of replacing that Spindle versus getting a rear deck! Looks like it take quite a bit of work to remove the spindle and replace! I don't think I wanna do that!

Getting it off of my spindle was an interesting ordeal as the two ball bearings that hold it securely to the PTO spindle were seized (the other three were out) and thus they mangled a spindle or two getting them of. I took my Dremel and cleaned up those spindles and put the new unit on and the deck is quite smooth.

/ Mower Deck Stuck on Spindle #39  
A little off topic but...

Did you add a turbo to your 4100 or is that just your handle? I considered adding a turbo to my NH TC45D but decided it required too much work for the extra power.

JT

Same here and so I just added it to my handle.