Mower deck vacuum

/ Mower deck vacuum #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I have a CubCadet 1220 tractor with a 48" mower deck and a grass catcher which fit on a CC 129. I would like to find if anyone ever fabricated a vac unit on the deck to suck up the mowed grass to the grass catcher? The 129 just pushes up the grass but plugs up easily if the grass is too high(long) or damp. I am trying to avoid the pull behind vacs if possible. I have a walk behind billygoat vac and wonder if i can adapt it to the mower?
thanks

/ Mower deck vacuum #2  
Never had much luck with baggers. I use a lawn sweeper.

/ Mower deck vacuum #3  
Without seeing the equipment, I can't say for sure, but it should be easy to adapt the vac to the deck

/ Mower deck vacuum #4  
You might try different blades. I heard you need different blades for a bagger. Good Luck

/ Mower deck vacuum #5  
I've had 3 different baggers- 2 pto blowers and a turbo driven off mower deck. First 2 were Simplicity-- pto and then turbo. Current is Kubota b with pto. All worked great! All have plugged with too tall or wet grass. Best is current. Has 8 inch flex from deck to rear hanging pto. More hp avail and bigger pto impeller. Small sticks jamming flow are only major issue. Found out picking up sticks is easier than unjamming pipes.�� Cut more frequently?