Mower deck wheels???

/ Mower deck wheels??? #1  

Kenn1320

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS2030H
I have a mid mount mower on a lsj2030. The 2 front deck height wheels can swivel 360 degrees. When I back up, then go forward the wheels turn sideways briefly and scalp the lawn. I have set them touching constantly to not touching at all,same results. If it contacts and its sideways, divot. I think a wheel that is rounded would work better than the stock flat wheels. Has anyone found a replacement? If I had lathe, I'd reshape them.

/ Mower deck wheels??? #2  
Check Amazon. Match your diameter & axle size, & take your pick. It'll be chinese stuff, but it should work fine. If the pivot shaft is binding in the bushing, grease it or add a zirc, then grease it. I found wheels like your describing for my zd331 that way

/ Mower deck wheels???
Wheel is almost 6" and uses a 5/8" bolt that has a bushing with needle bearings. All the wheels on Amazon are 5" or less, but more importantly only 1/2" hole. They don't appear to have bearings either.

/ Mower deck wheels??? #4  
The mounting bolt should be offset from centerline of wheel (if that's clear as muddy water 🙃). Problems can also crop up when changing from slides to wheels. Slides are usually suspended by chains or other float mount on all four corners whereas wheels are ridged mount on front and float on rear.

/ Mower deck wheels??? #5  
Have you checked out Harbor Freight as
they usually have a whole bunch of wheels

willy

/ Mower deck wheels??? #6  
The mounting bolt should be offset from centerline of wheel (if that's clear as muddy water 🙃). Problems can also crop up when changing from slides to wheels. Slides are usually suspended by chains or other float mount on all four corners whereas wheels are ridged mount on front and float on rear.
Offset from centerline of pivot point?

/ Mower deck wheels??? #7  
Offset from centerline of pivot point?
:unsure: I was afraid I wouldn't be able to articulate that. As mower is moving along (foward or reverse) center of wheel is trailing behind mounting bolt. If you stop while going foward then go in reverse,wheel swivels 180* so that it continues trailing behind mounting bolt. Pretty much same as front wheels on Z-turns that steer through final drive.

/ Mower deck wheels??? #8  
:unsure: I was afraid I wouldn't be able to articulate that. As mower is moving along (foward or reverse) center of wheel is trailing behind mounting bolt. If you stop while going foward then go in reverse,wheel swivels 180* so that it continues trailing behind mounting bolt. Pretty much same as front wheels on Z-turns that steer through final drive.
Caster is what you mean. Just helping to get your point across.