Mowing in reverse

/ Mowing in reverse #11  
Seems like with a mid or front mount mower you'd have to back over someone before the mower hit them. Maybe you wouldn't be able to stop in time though when you felt the bump. I back up with my 6' rear brushhog sometimes, but there's never anyone else around. I always look back when I go in reverse. I hate to think what it would do to someone.

/ Mowing in reverse #12  
My Husqvarna has the option to enable reverse mowing on the ignition. I need it activated because I do alot of backing up. When I do backup I am always looking or I only backup about a foot to change directions.

/ Mowing in reverse #13  
My Polaris ATV has a reverse "safety" switch. Its impossible to back up while turned around and still hold the switch. Since had an auxillary toggle switch added to the cowling. Now I can even back up with a boat trailer hooked on AND watch where I'm going.....

/ Mowing in reverse #14  
Sadly government will just make a law about it. Education is important, you can't legislate intelligence.

I don't think any government, Federal, State or Local is going to make a law on reverse mowing with a mower. I do think the manufactures will go to some lengths to place a wall between themselves and the owners of mowers when it comes to being a party to a civil liability trial.

Quote: aczlan - THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR USING YOUR BRAIN

If those accidents were investigated more in depth the root cause could probably be determined.

When alcohol is involved, in general, a human doesn't have a brain.

I don't think a more indepth investigation is needed. The cause is very simple and well known, a nut was loose between the steering wheel and the seat.

/ Mowing in reverse #15  
Why would you mow with kids (or anyone) around? Asking to eat a projectile.
Why would you back up without looking? Never mind the mower, a tractor running over a kid isn't going to end well for the kid.