Mowing Mowing with a compact tractor

/ Mowing with a compact tractor #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My ultimate plans call for a zero radius mower )</font>

If you plan on eventually getting a dedicated ZTR, I'd say without question, start with a RFM for your 4310. No sense in having a MMM and a ZTR, is there?

/ Mowing with a compact tractor #12  
I can only comment on the 3-point finish mower, since I have never used a mid-mount mower. I like the rear mower because it was much less expensive, does a great job, and I can back up under the numerous trees that we have. No way I could come close to getting to those areas with the MMM.

I have a side discharge however. Wish I had a rear discharge.

/ Mowing with a compact tractor #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I will be purchasing a 30hp 4wd tractor (probably a JD 4310 ehydro) with FEL. I will need to cut a "lawn area" of about 3 acres. My ultimate plans call for a zero radius mower but with the house being built, etc, I can only enjoy so many toys. My question concerns using a belly mower versus a 3 point finishing mower. Does anyone have any opinions? Thanks. )</font>

If you are seriously planning to get a ZTR, buy a RFM. You will be able to sell the RFM to anyone with the right size tractor to run it. If you have a MMM that is specific to your tractor, you will have to find a buyer with the same tractor. The money you save (RFM vs. MMM) can be used for whatever best suites your close-in areas that need to be trimmed. You will save enough for a high quality self-propelled "push" mower and a high quality string trimmer. Just my opinion.
Terry