MOWING WITH COMPACT TRACK LOADER

/ MOWING WITH COMPACT TRACK LOADER #11  
I am going to get flamed for this, but I just don't understand this Boards love for the ASV's-the Dealer Network in most areas is less than established, the ASV's (in most areas) have shakey resale, and they definitely have a checkered past in Track reliability. They are very good in high flow situations (but so many Equipment Manufacturer's are now making most Attachments to work on standard flow Machines), but other than that there are many Machines with proven track records that are better (Bobcat, Case, Deere in alphabetic order).

I am a Dealer and attend many Auctions, and we are a top Skid Steer Dealer for the line I represent-I know of where I speak. We sell a lot of CTL's and they are a niche machine, with a higher maintenance cost per hour than a standard Tire Machine-not to mention that CTL's are not bringing the kind of money I believe they should at Auction.

Is there something wrong with your 2155? They were a great Tractor and can do so much more than a CTL-

as far as Engine failures from "dusting", we do see it, although most of the failures we see can be directly attributed to Customer's not seating the Air Filters correctly, or the rubber Air Inlet Tube developing a crack or hole, but it is not very often-I do wish more Customer's would clean out the Oil Coolers and Radiators more.

Flail Mowers have their place-they will shred the material better, but they are definitely higher maintenance-unless you are looking for a groomed "Turf" look I would recommend you continue on with a Rotary Cutter.

/ MOWING WITH COMPACT TRACK LOADER #12  
I have tried the Bobcat and Deere and did not like them. If you are use to tired skid steers, I can understand why you would find these track machines familiar as they are retro. The ASV is a new concept. I find them much more comfortable and smoother. The John Deere hydraulics are hyper, and although the Bobcat is smoother I find it lacking in power (at least this was the case with the T300). As to maintenance, I expect the tracks will need more attention than wheels, but wheeled machines tend to get stuck and go flat, especially in the thorny woods of the northeast. I also have steep slopes and the track machines seem to be more stable, especially with the 20" wide tracks that are on the ASV machines. I also liked the option of being able to operate the machine with the windshield up. Most other machines require the door closed or removed. Hi flow is a nice option to have, but I will go with lo flow when I can to avoid excessive vibration. As to Bobcat I do like the lo flow 72" brushcat. It seems to be the only rotary cutter that can handle small trees and does a nice job on grass.

jmf

/ MOWING WITH COMPACT TRACK LOADER #13  
plowrup said:
as far as Engine failures from "dusting", we do see it, although most of the failures we see can be directly attributed to Customer's not seating the Air Filters correctly, or the rubber Air Inlet Tube developing a crack or hole, but it is not very often-I do wish more Customer's would clean out the Oil Coolers and Radiators more.

BTW, thanks for this information.

jmf