MR. FUNNEL SIZING

/ MR. FUNNEL SIZING #2  
I bought the big funnel because of the filtering capacity, (speed to fill, something like 4 - 5 gallons/minute). I've been using it for about 6 months, I'm not impressed. Every fillup I end up dumping about 4 ounces of fuel into my waste oil collector for recycling. There's a ring at the bottom of the filter that doesn't allow the last few ounces of fuel to get to the filter media.

I did test the filter with water, none made it thru the filter, so it does work as advertised. I also add conditioner to the tank before I refill and only buy my fuel from a busy truck stop, so I never had a problem with water before Mr Funnel.

/ MR. FUNNEL SIZING
I only buy 5 gallons of fuel at a time and use both power service and power service 911, (about 1.5 oz each in 5 gal). I was going to buy a funnel to fill the BX any way and for the price the mr funnel seemed logical to have. I guess i probably don't need one, but it seemed like good insurance. maybe I should use the VP race funnel i use to fill my bike.

/ MR. FUNNEL SIZING #4  
Will the fluid thats left in the bottom of the Mr Funnel make it thru the filter if you swish it around? If not it could be water.

All diesel fuel, no matter where it comes from, contains some amount of water. Diesel engines are designed to accept some amount of water. The Mr Funnel does a much better job of filtering the water than the fuel filter. I have seen as much as 2 cups of water per 5 gallons of diesel obtained from a very active fuel supplier when filtered by a Mr Funnel.

And BTW, I used to own a gas station and had a 6000 gal underground diesel tank that was refilled every 10 days or so. It had anywhere from 2" to 6" of water in it. That is the NORM for an underground tank. The water alarm would go off at 6". I never had a complaint from my regular diesel customers.

/ MR. FUNNEL SIZING #5  
I swish it around as MadRef suggests and that gets some of the diesel in the bottom of Mr. Funnel out. The rest, I pour into a screw-top jar and let sit overnight to see if any water separates out at the bottom. I then pour the fuel back into my fuel drum.

...haven't had any discernable water so far, but that doesn't mean I won't in a month or so when the nights start getting cooler.

/ MR. FUNNEL SIZING #6  
Hi...

I have the mid (or smaller) size funnel... works well filling tractor from 5-gallon container...

I pour the fuel left over in the funnel back into too the fuel container... it there's water in it... it'll get filtered out next time...

Dave...

/ MR. FUNNEL SIZING #7  
I use the mid size and it works well with my BX2200. It fits perfectly (see picture). I dump the leftover fuel into a wide-mouth plastic jar and let it set until the next refueling. If there is no signs of water, I dump it into the funnel before I refuel. That way I never have more than a couple of oz. in the jar.

I used the same funnel for my Wheel Horse 310-8.

John

Attachments

• 464243-Mr funnel.jpg
    464243-Mr funnel.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 273