MT160 answers needed.

/ MT160 answers needed. #1  

northernguy

I just found a mt160 with 600 hrs on it,got a stiffy and bought it for $2000,
Its has a nice blade on it.It was always stored indoors,and only pull horse crap out of the stalls.While serviceing it I couldn't find the trans level plug .and no dipstick,so I pored in 12 L of trans/hyd fluid as per the sticker on the underside of the hood.Is there a level plug ?What weight oil for engine,I don't plan in using it in the winter(northern ONT)I put 10w30 diesel in it ,what about 15w40.Does any one make a pto driven leaf blowers to fit this ,I've got 1/2 mile of road to clean to my cottage.Is there a port for remote hyd,Is there a loader to fit this,Was $2000 to much ?How do I post a picture of it,I tried ,not sure it worked .

/ MT160 answers needed. #2  
Welcome to TBN.
I'm in the next provence over (Quebec)

No I would not believe $2000 to be excessive if all works well.

I also have a Mitsu, mine is a MT180D, and I have owned it for about 9 years.
Has proven to be a great work horse and serves me well.

There is no level per say, however towards the rear of the 'transmission tunnel' on one of the bolt on tops (kinda under the seat) you would note that there is a plastic plug rather that a bolt on one corner.(frt rt I seem to recall)
That is the access to check the fluid level.
What I did is when filled with correct qty of fluid as you did, I made me a dip stick so that I can check from time to time.

Is yours 4WD? and since you did not mention D, I assume it is a gas version.

Also it would not be a 'grey' as Mitsu did market direct in Can for a while.

Enjoy it, it is a tough well made respectable tool.

I riun mine with a homemade heated cab , FEL, 60 blower and back blade.

Good luck.
In winter I convert to front 6' homemade plow with the rear blower.

/ MT160 answers needed.
My mt160 is a 3 cyd diesel 2wd,I need to put a front bumper on it that I can fill with steel to get the front end down when I,m pulling with the blade full,she's a little lite up front.Saw some pictures of pto driven blows that will get the leafs back in the bush where they belong,my next project.
still can't figure out how to send pictures.

/ MT160 answers needed. #4  
Your MT160 essentially has the same engine as my 180D and shares many parts, just a few less CC's.
Good rugged machine.
Your PTO should then be standard size and rotation.
Where in northern Ont?

/ MT160 answers needed.
When you say standard size and rotation,what is the standard size ,measured at the outside of splin or the root ,what direction is standard cw or ccw ,viewed froum the back or the front of the tractor,also what class size 3pth,does a mt160 have?where in northern ont,near huntsville.

/ MT160 answers needed. #6  
When you say standard size and rotation,what is the standard size ,measured at the outside of splin or the root ,what direction is standard cw or ccw ,viewed froum the back or the front of the tractor,also what class size 3pth,does a mt160 have?where in northern ont,near huntsville.

1 3/8" six splines and rotates clockwise viewed from rear.