MT160D

/ MT160D #151  
Let me know if you want to sell that Mt160D, I need the body parts !:laughing:
image.jpg

It now has many new dents,1 head light missing, and the grill is completely destroyed from tree limbs. It's been a rough summer for my poor tractor but it did clear 4 acres of brush and down timber from land that has been let go for many many years.

All the brown dirt was brush,poison ivy and monkey vines 4-6 inches thick at the beginning of summer.
image.jpg

Last edited:
   / MT160D
"..Let me know if you want to sell that Mt160D..."

I very much would have sold it at the time I made that post; As is always the case, some other tractors (appearing to be better maintained) suddenly became available right after I bought this one- a nice 2WD Mt180 (hydro with 60" belly mower) a couple of decent Kubota 7100's with 4WD, a really nice 2WD Yanmar (can't remember the model now, but it weighed 1500 lbs, which was my upper limit, and it came with a 4 foot cutter and an angle blade)
and another one or two.

I still think that this thing is going to bite me on the rear at some point, due to it's history of neglect and abuse, but now that I have put the work and some money into it, and it appears to be running Ok at the moment, I am going to keep it.

Also noticed that there are very few of these sorts of tractors advertised for sale lately. Don't know if this is a seasonal thing or what.

/ MT160D
"...All the brown dirt was brush,poison ivy and monkey vines 4-6 inches thick at the beginning of summer..."

Been there, doing that.

How are you disposing of all the debris? Looks like a chipper way over to the right.

/ MT160D #154  
"...All the brown dirt was brush,poison ivy and monkey vines 4-6 inches thick at the beginning of summer..."

Been there, doing that.

How are you disposing of all the debris? Looks like a chipper way over to the right.

Your correct ! That is my 100 HP woodchuck "chuck n duck" which we use to chip every thing to
8 inch round down to 1 inch, anything smaller gets burned and buried.

/ MT160D
Your correct ! That is my 100 HP woodchuck "chuck n duck" which we use to chip every thing to
8 inch round down to 1 inch, anything smaller gets burned and buried.

I am guessing that your place there lies just behind a subdivision of much smaller lots, and that you are going to leave that line of trees/brush that blocks the view of the other houses?

Looks like a nice place.

I could use that big chipper.

/ MT160D #156  
I am guessing that your place there lies just behind a subdivision of much smaller lots, and that you are going to leave that line of trees/brush that blocks the view of the other houses?

Looks like a nice place.

I could use that big chipper.

Actually there is only 1 small 1/2 acre property with a house that has grandfathered past the minimum 2 acre ordinance.The rest is road frontage, 4 acres to the right, 18 acre to the rear, church on 9 acres to the left.
We pushed everything to the property lines to make kinda a natural fence to give our 3 year old springer spaniel a boundary so to speak, it's working she stays on the property with no shock coller or wireless fence.

Thank you for the kind words, yes the property is nice but a lot of work.We would like to plant some fruit trees to encourage the deer to continue to visit the property regularly.
image.jpg

That chipped might be for sale when I'm done with it!!

/ MT160D #157  
A chipper is something I ought to get one of these days. I have an enormous pile of honey suckle I ripped out this summer. Not to mention the various vines and other crap I continue to rip out. I'm running out of room to pile it!

/ MT160D
   / MT160D #159  
That's the plant! Kill it! Kill it dead! :D

It appears to prefer places with more sunlight, shaded spots may sprout but not thrive. Pulling it out of the ground seems the surest bet though chopping it down with the bush hog works as well. I've done both.