MT180HD HST Problem

/ MT180HD HST Problem
Yes I've tried about everywhere I have found.
I don't know what is a "good price".

PittAuto said $500 for just the housing, vane and rotor.
Sheafer quoted $1475 for the same items plus another $15 for the drive key. (plus shipping)

Dealer in the UK quoted 450 Euro's and 6 weeks shipping from Japan.
Another dealer in the UK quoted the same.
No one I've emailed has a used one.
Of course I could have parts made for it, and rebuild the whole unit for $3000-$5000.
(Seriously not an option, LOL)

Now what I'm thinking is CaseIH 234,235.............
Everything I've read indicates that they are the identical tractor with the IH234
simply being a re-badged Mitsubishi. One or two people posted elsewhere that they have
used IH parts on a MT180.

I bring this up because Case still shows the charge pump "stripper assembly" available.
Includes the housing vane rotor and some seals.
It's listed at $540. Key is ~$5. I can get it delivered local so no shipping.

Problem is it's not returnable. Kind of a costly gamble.
I need to decide though because each dealer that quoted a price based on Japan,
has stated the same thing. What ever warehouse it's in, there is only ONE left.
Then SOL~!.

Another option would be to buy a tractor without a loader or attachments for $2000-$3000.
Even if I had to drive ten hours to get it. I've seen several ads around the country.
That way I'd have at least one replacement part for everything.

If you look around India and the UK, the Euro-trac mt180, and the VST Shakti mt180 (V S T Tillers Tractors Ltd)
are for all purposes the exact same tractor. Just searching the web is a little funny when looking at pictures.
I've yet to confirm if they offer a hydro unit. But again it would ship from India at a ??? price.

Thoughts and opinions?
Is $550 a "good" price for a charge pump on a 30 year old tractor?
It has been a great little tractor or I wouldn't be going through all this.
4x4, locking axle, live 2 speed PTO, aux. hydraulics. It's got everything you would want on a new tractor.
I hate to junk it.
Rick

/ MT180HD HST Problem
This is really frustrating.

I was at the CaseIH website tuesday and they listed the pump available @$540.
Called back Wednesday to order it and it wasn't there anymore.

Called the dealer back who had also found it online when I was asking about shipping etc.
and it was gone from his site too.

WTF, which one of you guys bought this out from under me?
Now everyone tells me it's obsolete. Part number changed blah blah blah.

Snooze ya lose I guess.

Anybody know of a fab shop that would have ability to EDM a new vane and rotor?
After all, it's just a piece of metal cut into a special shape.
I'm not ready to give up.
If nothing else I'll convert it to a stick shift.
Rick

/ MT180HD HST Problem
Much has been going on in my life and I'm first getting back to this now.

New part from Pitt finally arrived.
Actually came with new bearing in housing.
Considering taking the pieces to a shop and putting them on a science-scope
to have drawings made up.
Shouldn't cost that much just for dimensions.
At least that way, if it happens again I'll be better off.

Anyone know how to take 1-2 thousandths off the valve slide without putting it in a lathe?
The one high side relief valve is still too tight for me.
I want to clean it up without leaving any marks.
Not sure how to do that.

thanks

/ MT180HD HST Problem #24  
If you don't have a lathe and this has to be a precision fit, I would bite the bullet and take it to a machine shop and have them lathe the .001-2 off. Shouldn't cost much at all and with the scarcity and price of parts there's no way I'd take a chance of jack-legging it at this point. If the "slide" body is not acting as a piston or otherwise an extremely accurate fit, could you chuck it in a drill press and use progressively finer grit emory cloth to take a little off it?

Anyone know how to take 1-2 thousandths off the valve slide without putting it in a lathe?
The one high side relief valve is still too tight for me.
I want to clean it up without leaving any marks.
Not sure how to do that.

thanks

/ MT180HD HST Problem
I have a lathe, but it is far from new.
I also didn't want to leave jaw marks on it.
I'm going to try putting it in a drill and holding fine steel wool on it. I think this will leave less marks than emory
cloth; but I really am not sure.

By using a science scope, I have a preliminary dimension drawing of the two parts. I wanted to get some idea
of having the new parts duplicated before installation. Not sure if it's enough because most shops prefer an actual blueprint.
We'll see.....
Plan is to put things back together this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If you don't have a lathe and this has to be a precision fit, I would bite the bullet and take it to a machine shop and have them lathe the .001-2 off. Shouldn't cost much at all and with the scarcity and price of parts there's no way I'd take a chance of jack-legging it at this point. If the "slide" body is not acting as a piston or otherwise an extremely accurate fit, could you chuck it in a drill press and use progressively finer grit emory cloth to take a little off it?

/ MT180HD HST Problem #26  
Hi guys
New to the forum. Just bought a MT180HD yesterday, but haven't picked it up yet. Last owner hasn't used it much, and it's been standing still since it stopped moving for him last winter while plowing. I might have the same problem as you had MT180 - will surly use this thread for my fault finding. How did it end for you?