Mt210D trans problem

/ Mt210D trans problem #1  

Slcase

Tractor
Mitsubishi mt210D
Ok guys just trying out my new toy it seems I only have 2gears in each range. It feels like 2 gear is non existent.when going from first to 2 nd or 3rd I only get one gear. Not sure if it's 2 nd or 3 rd .lever seams pretty far back. So I think I am in 3rd. I need help?

/ Mt210D trans problem
Yep supposed to be 9 fwd 3 rev. Currently 6 fwd 3 rev.. I was going to call valley today.I need to get a service manual,and probably pull the top off trans. Thanks for the comment.

/ Mt210D trans problem #4  
Yep supposed to be 9 fwd 3 rev. Currently 6 fwd 3 rev.. I was going to call valley today. I need to get a service manual, and probably pull the top off trans. Thanks for the comment.

Are you the original owner of the machine? If not, there are machines that have reached our shores or done here with swapped transmissions. What is rated on TD is typical, what you have in your machine needs to be looked into.

Additionally, with the parts shortages, don't hold your breath on just one source like Valley. At the top of this section is a pinned document. On the last page are all the typical Mitsubishi-Satoh Parts Network places to help out.

MITSUBISHI - SATOH TRACTOR INFORMATION, PARTS, AND SUPPORT - updated - REV 3

In the listing Len and his team have supplied parts for over 3 decades. He's a regular in this section of TBN as well.

SHEAFFER'S TOWN & COUNTRY TRACTORS INC.
320 Palmyra Rd
Dixon, IL 61021
PARTS HOTLINE - 815-284-3226
email - parts@sheftractor.net
On-Line Shopping - https://www.japanesetractorparts.com
Japanese and Domestic Tractor Parts for many makes and model brands

Some of the Service Manuals in PDF are posted for FREE, Compliments of the Mitsubishi-Satoh Yahoo Group that moved to GroupsIO in 2019. Ian Former runs that rather large following. The largest owners group on all the internet. More so than TBN and all the other tractor forums combined. They too are over 35+ years community strong.

/ Mt210D trans problem
The guy I got the tractor from has had it for 5 years,he said he bought it from the family after the original owner had passed. But I guess you never really know for sure

/ Mt210D trans problem #6  
The guy I got the tractor from has had it for 5 years,he said he bought it from the family after the original owner had passed. But I guess you never really know for sure

Some, not all of the branded tractors can be split in half to replace the clutch. IF two models share the same mating housing, a person can take one model tractor and bolt it to another model tractor. This has been done countless of times and made mention here on TBN.

Here's one example thread with a Yanmar. Same goes for the Ford 1000 Series machines, likewise with the John Deere compact 50 Series, etc.

/ Mt210D trans problem #7  
There should be ~10 bolts in the plate that the gear shifter goes through on top of the transmission. You can remove this entire plate and look down in the transmission.

From there you should be able to see if anything looks off, or if there are spots missing gears.

When I got mine the reverse idler had a couple teeth chipped off, so I had to remove pretty much everything to replace it.