MT225s Backhoe Seat Question

/ MT225s Backhoe Seat Question #1  

wraven

Tractor
LS MT225S and a Huskee that identifies as a CASE Magnum 240
Would someone please check their rotating seat and tell me how close they can adjust the seat to the BH controls?

I can’t get it close enough and wind up sitting on the edge of the seat to operate the hoe. It was installed at the dealer but I don’t see an obvious issue. My picture shows it all the way back. IMG_1607.JPG

/ MT225s Backhoe Seat Question #2  
My neighbor was complaining about the same thing. He is 6'5" and has a hard time reaching for the BH levers. We made an adjustment to the levers : (remove the cover at the base of the levers, loosen the nuts at the base of the levers, and turn them about a 1/4 to 1/3 turn back towards the seat, tighten nuts).

It did make a difference, but still far away. We looked at the base plate the seat tracks are mounted to. There is plenty of space left to drill new mounting holes about 1 1/2" further towards the rear. We are probably going to drill and remount the seat this weekend. Even with it mounted further back, it will slide forward enough for normal operation of the tractor.

/ MT225s Backhoe Seat Question
I’m a newbie and I have this question double posted because I accidentally posted in “buying” instead of “owning.”

How can I delete this thread?