MT4201FD, Does it have down force on the 3 point?

/ MT4201FD, Does it have down force on the 3 point? #1  

DENALIAKITAS

I messed with the 3 point for the first time today and figured out the shorter lever on the RH side will raise it but when pushed all the way forward it doesnt seem to make the 3 point go down. The 3 point just "settles" slowly on its own and doesnt seem to want to lower all the way even when i press down on it by hand. Anyhow am i missing something? This whole tractor is just one big guess as to what everything is at this point. Also there is another lever that is longer right next to that one that seems to do nothing when moved back and forth, any idea what it is? Thanks

/ MT4201FD, Does it have down force on the 3 point? #2  
Your 3 point should drop from gravity although there may be a valve that controls the speed. On my MT 372 it is under the seat

/ MT4201FD, Does it have down force on the 3 point? #3  
I messed with the 3 point for the first time today and figured out the shorter lever on the RH side will raise it but when pushed all the way forward it doesnt seem to make the 3 point go down. The 3 point just "settles" slowly on its own and doesnt seem to want to lower all the way even when i press down on it by hand. Anyhow am i missing something? This whole tractor is just one big guess as to what everything is at this point. Also there is another lever that is longer right next to that one that seems to do nothing when moved back and forth, any idea what it is? Thanks

Not too many tractors in this world with down pressure on the 3pt. I have heard some of the Belarus do.. The 3pt on most drops with gravity, and the speed is controlled by the fluid flow thru the drop speed valve below the seat on most tractors. I am not familiar with yours at all. Possibly the other lever on the right that appears to do nothing might be your draft control. Which sets the draft sensitivity. What is "draft "you say? With a plow in the ground, when it encounters resistance to slicing thru the earth, this causes the "pull" to increase on the 3pt. A tractor equipped with draft control will automatically raise the plow to reduce the pressure and then drop the plow again to where you had it setting with the main position control lift. If you don't have draft control, you get to adjust it manually, which sucks, or you spin your wheels, (sucks again) or something breaks. (really sucks). So draft control can be a good thing. The lever sets the sensitivity, or how much pull it takes to start the action of raising the lift to pull the plow out of the ground. Of course I am just guessing, I dont have a clue what kind of tractor you have...or what that lever is.

James K0UA