MTL grapple reviews anyone?

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone? #11  
Anybody else ever buy the x series grapple from MTL? Looking at the root versus the rock grapple. They recommended the x series 66" over the rk for my particular tractor - 1/2" instead of 3/8". I'm debating whether I need the beefier version for just cleaning brush piles and moving logs for firewood. My bucket is a 72". Any reason to buy the same size grapple as the bucket? My reasoning for considering the rock bucket style is sifting out the thousands of fist size rocks from my garden plots. Otherwise, the root grapple with the solid back plate would be my choice.
Does anybody have any regrets about what they purchased?
You don't need a 72" grapple. The 1/2" steel is the way to go. Width isn't as important on a grapple as it is on a bucket. But steel is.

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone?
Thanks for that, Bigpuddie. Do you have any insight into rock versus root rake styles?

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone? #13  
Thanks for that, Bigpuddie. Do you have any insight into rock versus root rake styles?
Its really just the spacing between the teeth. They both have similar grapples and are available with single or dual grapple lids.View attachment 584598 H1114B.JPG

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone? #14  
I love mine for the price.

Are their stronger units available? Yes. Will I ever abuse one or commercially use one to justify 3x the cost- never.

I reviewed all that I could find, and for the money, cannot be beat. Hidden/protected hoses, one piece tines and greasable jaws were the strong points that weren't on other budget grapples costing $300-$800 more.

Depends ALOT on usage. I only planned on moving brush and tree debris a handful of times a year.

BTW- I got the 60" double jaw unit delivered for $925.

X2 .. My dual lid MTL meets all my needs and i got in in 3 days from the time I hit buy it now.

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone? #15  
My bucket is a 72". Any reason to buy the same size grapple as the bucket?
Does anybody have any regrets about what they purchased?

No regrets from me and saved a ton of $ over what people were recommending. I have used a 60" and a 72" grapple. To me there was no difference. You can move a 15 ft log with either one. The only thing to me is the wider one was a little better on a loose brush pile with small limbs 1" or less.

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone? #16  
I don't think I've ever seen these discounts. If you don't mind would you post or PM me when you see one again?

Sure will! I'll try to put in a new thread with CAPS subject line for TODAY ONLY!!! LOL :D

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone? #17  
No regrets from me and saved a ton of $ over what people were recommending.

It is good to see more competition in pricing on grapples. Some of the manufacturers out there are getting some lofty prices.

Yeah it sure is. I had a friend who owns a dealership check into ordering a grapple for me made specifically for the BH quick connect FEL that I have. 3800.00! Too steep for my blood. I decided to get an adapter made and go on from there. I have a urge to get one of those front hoes that Titan makes. I cant justify a backhoe but it sure would come in handy to bury pets ( llamas, horses, potbellied pigs) when they meet their demise. Plus I really want a root cellar.

/ MTL grapple reviews anyone? #19  
Hip- I know the feeling. My wife kept trying to convince me to pay the extra for backhoe. Didn't like the fact I had to pay a guy $250 for a hole to bury her first horse in knowing with others on the farm will be coming in the future.

He showed up in a 75-100hp TLB and in 45 minutes from unload to load, we had a nice 6 foot deep hole with steps on one side and a ramp to walk the horse down in!

I can dig a whole lot of holes at $250 each for the cost of that backhoe attachment, and would have taken me hours to get that kind of perfection out of it. Ive also took advise of others here on what stress your machine takes from digging with one. I'll let someone else eat that expense.

Thekkfan have you seen the front hoe attachment that Titan makes? Last I saw it was around 1250.00. I wouldn't plan on using it a lot but I think I could easily get my money out of it. Since my tractor is a utility type and the front end loader I have is built stout, I think I may be able to get away with it. I might start another thread to get feedback on this particular attachment.